996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Seat belt slow to retract?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Seat belt slow to retract?

Anyone else have an issue with the drivers seat belt being slow or very lazy to retract when you pull it out to buckle it or when you just lean forward and create some slack in it? It seem the spring in the reel is weak but the car only has 30K miles on it so it's not like its been overused. Any suggestions other than replacement?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Yes, I have the same problem. Hope somebody can tell us how to fix it.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Yes, I have the same problem. Hope somebody can tell us how to fix it.
The whole new seatbelt mechanism is only $160 or so at the dealer. The new part number is a 997 part which supersedes the old 996 part number. Maybe they made an improvement to it due to this exact problem. The swap is not all that difficult except for the fact that if you have a roll bar it has to come out along with the seats to get the side paneling off. Not all that difficult but time consuming. I think I'm going to try pulling the seat belt webbing all the way out and spraying some silicone spray on it, wiping it down and then retracing it. Maybe that will make the webbing a little slicker and help with the retraction. If that doesn't work, I guess its time to replace the whole seatbelt....