996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Buld Thread***996 Turbo RSR Build*** Video's inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Very nice build. Matt black is not my cup of tea, but still very nice. Thanks for your efforts, Perkman.

Got a coupla questions :-p

It doesn't seem to be lowered as much as a real RSR - especially in th rear. So I assume stock uprights?

Can you provide the tire sizes?

And - just out of curiosity - what was the deal with the radiators? It looks like they were originally planning on turning them close to 90° (or as close as they could get) and have the air exit in front of the rear wheel as per the original RSR. What happened there? That wasn't possible so they cut the slits around the winglets (dive planes) as an air exit? That's not really a low pressure area yet... Has this been tested at speed and under load?
Not being a smart a$$, just curious.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stevemfr
Very nice build. Matt black is not my cup of tea, but still very nice. Thanks for your efforts, Perkman.

Got a coupla questions :-p

It doesn't seem to be lowered as much as a real RSR - especially in th rear. So I assume stock uprights?

Can you provide the tire sizes?

Will get you The Sizes Tomorrow.

And - just out of curiosity - what was the deal with the radiators? It looks like they were originally planning on turning them close to 90° (or as close as they could get) and have the air exit in front of the rear wheel as per the original RSR. What happened there? That wasn't possible so they cut the slits around the winglets (dive planes) as an air exit? That's not really a low pressure area yet... Has this been tested at speed and under load?
Not being a smart a$$, just curious.
Correct, Stock Uprights and Hubs, Remember this has much more power than a RSR and when going WOT it tends to dip. 800 whp causes that Wanted it to be fun on and off the track.

In regards to the 90 degree question :You are correct, It was the only way we could fit the A/C in this. It has been tested on a similar build and seems to work fine.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 PM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Perkman87
Correct, Stock Uprights and Hubs, Remember this has much more power than a RSR and when going WOT it tends to dip. 800 whp causes that Wanted it to be fun on and off the track.

In regards to the 90 degree question :You are correct, It was the only way we could fit the A/C in this. It has been tested on a similar build and seems to work fine.
I assume full specs of this car are kept somewhere? That will help me tremendously when I go to place my order... lol HOLY 911! Well Done!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
UPDATE:

ROAD TEST ON LOW BOOST!!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Sick !

Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
9bells is a jewel in the rough9bells is a jewel in the rough9bells is a jewel in the rough9bells is a jewel in the rough
Wow, incredible build. Thanks for sharing!!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by 9bells
Wow, incredible build. Thanks for sharing!!

You are welcome

Old 06-06-2012, 08:37 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Very Nice!!

So its 800whp on high boost? What is it on low boost (1.0 bar)?

Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Awesome build, me like.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Very Nice!!

So its 800whp on high boost? What is it on low boost (1.0 bar)?

I believe low boost is in the 600-700 range.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:52 AM
hrs1 will become famous soon enough
Awesome! Hope to meet up on i95

Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Best looking 997 conversion I've seen so far.
I missed seeing some video or photo at least from the quarter panel rebuild.

Look fwd to more video and not being a downer here but hopefully on a deserted stretch of road. Soccer mommy handling a couple of fighting kids in the backseat might not see that thing coming.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Best looking 997 conversion I've seen so far.
I missed seeing some video or photo at least from the quarter panel rebuild.

Look fwd to more video and not being a downer here but hopefully on a deserted stretch of road. Soccer mommy handling a couple of fighting kids in the backseat might not see that thing coming.

Thank you. We did not get footage of the rear quarter, it was lost in a corrupt file!

Deserted stretch of road for sure.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Perkman87
Thank you. We did not get footage of the rear quarter, it was lost in a corrupt file!

Deserted stretch of road for sure.
Hi
Waking up this thread again! :-)
I would love some more info around the rear end rebuild to get the 997 lights and make it fit the rear bumper.
What parts did they use?
Did they buy complete new rear fenders?

Would be very grateful for info!

Regards
Pete

Old 01-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Puppan
Hi Waking up this thread again! :-) I would love some more info around the rear end rebuild to get the 997 lights and make it fit the rear bumper. What parts did they use? Did they buy complete new rear fenders? Would be very grateful for info! Regards Pete
. Pete , feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Buld Thread***996 Turbo RSR Build*** Video's inside