996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Buld Thread***996 Turbo RSR Build*** Video's inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
not sure if anyone can surpass the stance of that car, great job!

Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 PM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 2swoosh
not sure if anyone can surpass the stance of that car, great job!
. Thank you very much !

Old 02-01-2014, 07:04 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
That is killer man!

Old 02-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by machinegunt
That is killer man!
. Thank you for the kind words !

Old 02-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prototech
. Pete , feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have !

Big thanks, will do!!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:33 PM
gc.olivier is on a distinguished road
Hi
I am currently building a RSR replica of a 2003 996 RSR. The vehicle is based on a 996 C4. When you installed the radiators the air is pushed from the front through the ducting and shroud at the back of the radiator. Under normal circumstances the air is blown through the radiator from the front and the fan will suck air through when it kicks in. In your modification does the air still get sucked through the radiator when the fan kicks in? Would like to hear from you.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:13 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Hi gc.olivier,
I asked the same question in post #31 above and Perkman replied in post #32.

I assume you are asking because the airflow on a 996RSR is very similar to the airflow here? You should be fine with appropriate ducting (see pic). Despite what I wrote above in post #31, after thinking it through a bit more I believe that the sides of the spoiler are very much low pressure areas. Think of an airplane wing; the air is flowing very quickly around the sides of the spoiler just as over the top of a wing. Ducting is available from Mashaw (amongst others), but it is prob cheaper for you to have it made locally.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 AM
gc.olivier is on a distinguished road
996 RSR radiator fan

Thanks Stevemfr
If you read my thread again I am actually trying to determine whether the radiator fans used in the black car was sucking through the radiators as per the standard arrangement or not. as per the black car I will also have the aircon consensers on the radiators. In the video the airflow is pushed through the front duckting then the fan, radiator and then the aircon condensor. My common sense says that the radiator fan should be blowing through the radiator and not sucking. I would appreciate more detail on the fan Installation