996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Turbo Outlet Size and Intake piping (post-turbo)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I think it's been proven to be almost identical. I made a little under 20 more whp on the same dyno, same day, between pump/100%meth and MS109 and 50/50, at the same boost and timing. Now, I think we should all agree that MS109 is a better option, performance wise, as it comes out of a can and is consistant, whereas 93oct differs in cleanliness from station to station...
Mike thanks for the data.

So 100% ms 109 would do a little better than 93oct + 100% meth?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Mike thanks for the data.

So 100% ms 109 would do a little better than 93oct + 100% meth?
IMO, yes, but to me, it wasn't worth the extra money...Methanol is cheap and in the end, clean fuel is clean fuel. Methanol can only make up so much.
If I was made of money like you, I would have 55gal drums of MS109 in my new garge 24/7...

Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 AM
EBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to behold
I tested metharol injection
the only problem you have to run the A/F on gas or racing gas leaner. make it up on meth for it to make more power. same results on other cars - subarus,mitsubishi,supras if you don't have direct port injection on the meth don't use it. IT'S DANGEROUS you can lean out cylinder. so run ms109 penny saved dolla wasted

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I am always worried that there might be a malfunction w/ the meth system...I know they can be made pretty reliable, but still.

I loaded up my car w/ Sunoco 104 (same specific gravity as the C16 I was tuned for....I just run a bit less boost) but the traffic is so bad where I am (3 years ago it was non-existent) that I ended up wasting 5 gallons just trying to get some pulls in.

Anther reason why I am never going to upgrade beyond the 800 rwhp my car makes on C16, really no where to use it anymore.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I agree in that the size of the turbo (ie, the volume of air) is the most relevant. My car made 600whp with 18g's, 93oct pump gas, injectors, exhaust and 100% meth. ALL stock piping, IC's, airbox, air filter and throttle body. The only gain the bigger piping and IC's got me was quicker spool (by about 600rpm), which equated to more power and tq sooner, but NOT more peak power or TQ overall. So yes, the piping helps, but will not help you become a dyno king. And again, this is with 18g's. I'm sure this would change with a bigger turbo with more air delivery potential...
Lets not underestimate the importance of making more power further down the rpm range...that is hugely important, possibly more so than max hp.

My car is making lots of power at 3800 rpm. I am making good power for more than 3k rpms. Blow through system, TB, ICs all help. I beat a car that made 755 and did 206 at the Tx Mile with that set up.

Since I swapped out my Europipe (just loved the sound....but it was the last restriction point on my car) my car spools up even faster.

I love how Chump Tech claims that Todd and I are full of it. Todd is smart enough not to even waste his time on his foolishness, especially since he is busy actually out running 212 at the Tx Mile and sub 5 60-130s. Gee, he really must not understand flow dynamics I think I will join him in ignoring noobs who have really done nothing with their cars. That is more for Chumpy than for bad 107, who I believe is at least building something.

And seriously, now you guys want to argue with Chris He has more knowledge in his pinkie finger and has done more with these cars in the last week than you will in the next 10 years.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
I did... I explained why I have the one I have. If you two think it's good to do a 2.5" based tubing then by all means go for it. Would I have gone 4" or some massive number? No because in the end you run into a point where you have to big of a pipe for a little amount of air.

Nobody has a gun to you alls head for this. I'm a firm believer in seeing things done myself and not trusting EVERY word spoken. Just like people thinking the a SET amount of boost will a blow a number regardless of turbo size is beyond me.

Regardless every time you post a "question" you just look for a reason to argue and same with pumptech. If this game is so easy please just get it done and shut everyone up. I can tell you from experience there is a point you hit where it's not so simple anymore.

Just getting tired of it being made like people are idiots and just don't have it figured it like you all.

This.

Hey Chris....remember when you came over to my house for dinner? Man that has to be at least 5 years ago. Could we have imagined then that you would be running north of 1k hp back then? We thought 550 was a big deal.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
And FYI I made 666rwhp on a stock Y-Pipe, etc... When I went to the Boost Logic kit I added the Y-Pipe because I added TiAL BOV's and fender mounted intakes. I am sure we could have ghetto rigged the car with some kind of janky mount and used the stock Y-Pipe with 2x TiAL 50mm's but we didn't want it to look horrible.

I made 1150rwhp on C23 at 38psi with some boost related issues on a STOCK 997TT T-Pipe and TB. I added a IPD and 82mm TB but we are at a point where we are maxing out the GTX3582's with an .82 a/r. 1200rwhp would have been the cutting point but on C23 vs E85 I'd rather have 1100rwhp on E85 then 1200rwhp on C23 because drivability is better. My plan for the weekend is to drain the rest of the C23 and replace plugs and some couplers and go back to E85.
I made 669 on stock y pipe/TB/intake/Evo ICs on the same turbos I now have. Full blow through, larger injectors and upgrading the above added 130 rwhp.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not arguing with Chris about anything as he nor anyone else has offered a factual rebuttle to turbo outlet size question. I have simply stated facts on flow and diameter. Do you have something to offer here other than insults and hearsay??

Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes....if you read my post you will see that I picked up 130 rwhp, and a much fatter powerband when I increased tubing size of my intake, TB, and Y pipe.

How much more plainly can it be stated?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Which post r u referring to? I don't see it.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:26 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sean lets take your car to Drivers Source & dyno it while you have 104 in it I'm interested to see it dyno. I'm not saying you are lying just curious to see what it can do since it has not been dynoed in quite a while.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Sean lets take your car to Drivers Source & dyno it while you have 104 in it I'm interested to see it dyno. I'm not saying you are lying just curious to see what it can do since it has not been dynoed in quite a while.
I can only run 1.5 bars on 104....on C16 I can go 1.7. True, I would be interested in what it would dyno. Akram estimated about 800 rwhp.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Since I swapped out my Europipe (just loved the sound....but it was the last restriction point on my car) my car spools up even faster.
What Europipe were you running and what exhaust did you switch to?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
What Europipe were you running and what exhaust did you switch to?
Loud w/ cat delete.

Went to a full 3 inch BBI.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Yes....if you read my post you will see that I picked up 130 rwhp, and a much fatter powerband when I increased tubing size of my intake, TB, and Y pipe.

How much more plainly can it be stated?
Sean, can you please explain your increase in horsepower. I am confused, it seems you changed the injectors and possibly the intercoolers to get the 130 rwhp.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo Outlet Size and Intake piping (post-turbo)