996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Speedtech 2.5 X-Cellerator Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gearhead
I found too that as the exhaust has aged over the past months it's become "seasoned" lets say, more mellow and well to me it's just awesome.
Scott,

That is true. I have had the same experience - after a month or so, the sound settles in to a really nice tone, even better than when new.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I love my 3.0! It really isn't that loud in the car at all.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nikolas
I love my 3.0! It really isn't that loud in the car at all.
Ditto... and I have the cat-less version.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Well the question must be do you use your TT as a daily driver ? Over the weekend I fitted my DesignTek foam air filter with the Vivid Carbon dual air intake and frankly that seemed to make thinks worse, noise wise. So this evening I installed the OEM air filter in the Vivid Carbon dual air intake and this sounds promising, lets see tomorrow. Somehow, I feel that the Speedtech system is the "Ace in the Pack" of all 996 TT exhaust systems and just I have to find the right balance of all components to go with it.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
I daily drive mine. Sometimes 60 miles a day, but easily average 40 miles. I'm never going back to stock. Speedtechs too much fun.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
John has been very helpful in organising the 200 Cell Cats which will be on their way soon

Old 06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
For anyone interested, I have another one of these fantastic 2.5 quiet systems coming up through production and it will be available in about a week. There is still time to spec the cat or catless option and tips.

BTW, the 2.5 catless "race" version of this sytem is a beautiful blend of the hollow race sound of no cats / no restriction, feathered with the 2.5 crossflow muffler to keep the drone virtually non-existant. A really great performing and phenomenal sounding system! We have not sold many 2.5 "race" systems, usually the 3.0 when it's a "race", but the 2.5 "race" is a really sweet mix! If your looking for a catless system and don't want drone...this is probably your best option available anywhere. PM if you have any questions -

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 06-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here is an email that I just received moments ago from a new SpeedTech 2.5 "quiet" owner that just installed his system a few hours ago - he is not on this forum, so you will not see him post here...therefore, I will share it, as I think it echos what I hear so often and is important for potential customers to understand the quality of the product we produce, both in terms of performance and sound...this really illustrates how happy the average customer is once they install our system! He installed the same 2.5 system I have one of, finishing up now and available.

John, oh my god! I love the sound of my Porsche!! I hear noises I never heard before from this car, like the turbo spooling up! Nice rumble on de cell, and when accelerating though an over pass unbelievable! Thank you, I love it!

2022 Cayenne White
Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I researched exhaust systems to no end and spoke to John and other exhaust manufacturers to end up with this conclusion. I found sound, ultimate performance (hardly no compromise in performance), Porsche build quality and just the overall package… that the Speedtech 3.0 catted is the best fit for this car!!! I can't wait for my 3.0 to be installed with my build this FRIDAY!!

I will make sure to do a full review as soon as I can!

Thanks John for all your help, even though I didn't purchase a new system you treated my as if I did. After hearing these reports about how critical your tips are to the sound, I might have to consider doing the custom X50 tips we were talking about.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 06-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Chad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really nice
Bobby- Glad to see you made the right decision. Looking forward to your review! Enjoy.

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I researched exhaust systems to no end and spoke to John and other exhaust manufacturers to end up with this conclusion. I found sound, ultimate performance (hardly no compromise in performance), Porsche build quality and just the overall package… that the Speedtech 3.0 catted is the best fit for this car!!! I can't wait for my 3.0 to be installed with my build this FRIDAY!!

Thanks John for all your help, even though I didn't purchase a new system you treated my as if I did. After hearing these reports about how critical your tips are to the sound, I might have to consider doing the custom X50 tips we were talking about.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

facebook
YouTube see our videos

Email-Chad@speedtechexhausts.com
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Bobby,

You're very welcome, it was my pleasure to speak with you and help you as much as I could, even though you were very informed and educated prior to us speaking.

I also truly appreciate the confidence you have placed in our company and product in terms of superior quality, etc. - that's really nice to hear, unsolicited from an independant source, especially after all the research you did!

And as Chad mentioned, I too, am glad to see you made the right choice - I feel certain you are going to love your SpeedTech 3.0 system!

As for the custom tips we discussed - I have an idea to make them work very well with our exhaust design, while retaining our trademark sound. Just contact me when/if you decide to do it - I'm ready any time.

Looking forward to your review and good luck with the build! Take care...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
will your 100 cell , 2.5 quiet, pass emissions, and/or no CEL? I know europipe guarantees NO CEL, even without a flash, just trying to compare before i make a decision . thanks

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Here is an email that I just received moments ago from a new SpeedTech 2.5 "quiet" owner that just installed his system a few hours ago - he is not on this forum, so you will not see him post here...therefore, I will share it, as I think it echos what I hear so often and is important for potential customers to understand the quality of the product we produce, both in terms of performance and sound...this really illustrates how happy the average customer is once they install our system! He installed the same 2.5 system I have one of, finishing up now and available.

John, oh my god! I love the sound of my Porsche!! I hear noises I never heard before from this car, like the turbo spooling up! Nice rumble on de cell, and when accelerating though an over pass unbelievable! Thank you, I love it!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Yes, our 100 cell cat, 2.5 system passes emissions by a large margin on a consistent basis. There are also no CEL issues with our system...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 06-30-2012, 10:58 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the prompt response, thats good to know, will this be also true for 3.0 system as well, because I like the sound of the 3.0 system, also any droning on the the 3.0 ?

Ronnie

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Yes, our 100 cell cat, 2.5 system passes emissions by a large margin on a consistent basis. There are also no CEL issues with our system...

Old 06-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Chad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really nice
Originally Posted by cgng30
thanks for the prompt response, thats good to know, will this be also true for 3.0 system as well, because I like the sound of the 3.0 system, also any droning on the the 3.0 ?

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Good afternoon. Both our 2.5 and 3.0 systems were designed to not drone, or have VERY minimal drone in a small RPM band. That said, the 3.0 will be slightly louder in cabin. We have acomplished this by our unique internatal cross-flow muffler and a couple other added features to the system. Either way you go, 2.5" or 3.0" I think you will be happy with it and since its a modular system we can always make minor adjustments by simply swapping out mufflers/tips etc to better fit your preference if need be. Let either John or I know if you have any further questions Ronnie, thanks!

Also the 3.0 is the same as the 2.5, having zero issues passing emmisions and there are no CEL with either system as well. Many have documented this in strict states like CA.

Chad@SpeedTech

facebook
YouTube see our videos

Email-Chad@speedtechexhausts.com

Last edited by Chad@SpeedTech; 06-30-2012 at 12:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speedtech 2.5 X-Cellerator Exhaust