996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Big Balls or Stupid....you decide ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
More ***** than brains for sure.
No doubt these guys are on the hairy end but hey I used to fly a - parachute jumpers - aircraft... these guys are more crazy to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft. I have some stories!! It's just another adrenaline pumping hobby...and.. there are many...

Old 05-02-2012, 06:39 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Sorry for not reading all the replies, but here's my opinion......

Those guys appear to be very skillful, and are certainly talented riders
BUT, what they are doing is most definitely stupid

The danger is not from themselves, but from other drivers around them

Car drivers don't think to look for bikes, they're only looking for other cars moving at the same speed as them

Car drivers are not prepared for bikes, and certainly aren't on the look out for bikes doing 200mph!!

If you're driving around expecting a bike to pass you at that speed it's no surprise when it happens

BUT, no one is ever expecting that to happen, and so they're never looking out for it

Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Example

I was driving my car down a perfectly straight road (straight for around 3 miles)
the road was clear of all traffic and quite wide

I was driving at in excess of 150mph, but I 'thought' I was safe

A driver pulled out of a side road directly into my path and I only narrowly avoided them

I could have killed somebody!!

It wasn't their fault in the slightest, it was all down to my young stupidity

I have no doubt that they checked before pulling out, and that they saw me coming, but I must have been so far away from them they must have thought they had loads of time to pull out

How were they to know I was driving at that speed?
People don't expect it, so they don't look for it

Bottom line is, what I did was stupid and I have very much learnt my lesson

What the guys in the videos above are doing is stupid, and I hope they learn this without any serious incidents

Old 05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
The video was fun to watch. But I'd say it's an "AND" rather than an "OR" in your thread title. Unfortunately, the two usually go together .

Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Unfortunately, one of my first times in Paris I saw a dead motorcyclist. He was lane splitting as is customary there. I made a comment about what a tragedy or something to that effect. Our driver said nonchalantly, "Oh, we lose a couple of them every few days here like that." Turned out that it wasn't the motorcyclist fault but a cage (car) started to change lanes without signaling (or looking). I ride myself but I wouldn't do what those guys are doing in the video. Not because I can't but because I believe the biggest danger when riding is from the other people on the road doing something unexpected.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jpflip
Agree 100% !!! It is getting bad here also

With respect for the video, I know it is dangerous , I know it is reckless but there is nothing more dangerous than drinking and driving.... Lately there was a tract with our driving license renewal and they were mentioning that most supersport bike fatal accident were, a single driver, alone, unable to take a curve at very high speed....
Typical biker’s error. Too hot into the curve, running scared of further lean angle = automatic fear response - onto the front brake. Bike consequently stands up and shoots on the opposite lane, usually when there is oncoming traffic. Game over.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Having read all the replies I think as already said Big ***** AND Stupid. It was amazing to watch but it did make me feel uneasy to watch, a bit like the Russian rider video posted. WTF goes through the mind of that particular rider

Old 05-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
Big ***** and Stupid. I guess some live for the rush

Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
spare me ive seen just as many french idiots do exactly the same .....**** like this goes on allover the world ..in every country , just do a youtube search.
Which is exactly why I wrote
Originally Posted by stevemfr
...all involved know what they are into - in contrast to the other drivers on the public roads in Greece/Moscow/Sweden/wherever.
Those maggots are not only endangering themselves, they are putting all the other people on the road at risk as well. And those people were not looking to hang their cajones out. They only wanted to get somewhere.

If you equate the vid with the Franklin quote in your sig, you're taking Ben seriously out of context.

Last edited by stevemfr; 05-03-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
What caught my eye about the video was the prolonged time they raced for and the speed in excess of 180 mph. If it was a closed road race that would be another story but at those high speeds the poor motorist just doesn't stand a chance to judge the speed of approach.
The Russian rider.....just sheer stupidity, If that was an old vid i do now wonder if he is still alive, as he has ridden like that more than once you can tell. Rightly or wrongly he has skill as a rider just even if it is to stay on the bike long enough to make that video. However, you cant keep doing that, you just cant. Its pure mental which will deliver its own redress at some point.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
200 mph through traffic, what could go wrong?