Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Cost Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Lower Cost Titanium Lug Bolts

We bought a brand new CNC Swiss Screw Machine this year and we have been doing large machining runs of titanium for a customer. I decided to use this opportunity to make some lug bolts for the Porsche. We are able to offer incredibly low pricing because of the deal we get on Titanium at the volumes we are purchasing. We will use the factory style lug bolt with the floating ball seat just like Porsche uses.

Use this link for pictures and ordering-
ORDER THEM HERE WITH FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

Last edited by Staff@WORLD; 09-06-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Risley is on a distinguished road
Hi,
What are the benefits? Are they as strong as OEM? Are they approved by Porsche?
They look beautiful!!
Thanks

Old 09-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
They are light and still just as strong as the heavier steel ones. Most of the people that purchase these are buying them firstly for the look (the stock ones are usually corroded) and the weight is just an added benefit to them. Someone who is serious about racing and has invested quite a bit of money to make their car lighter is buying them for the weight.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Maddmike is on a distinguished road
Good deal!

Old 01-21-2016, 06:14 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I like the fact that they are made in America by Americans. There are cheaper ones on eBay but all made in China.

Did I miss the post that gives us the 6speedonline.com discount code?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by beemer guy
I like the fact that they are made in America by Americans. There are cheaper ones on eBay but all made in China.

Did I miss the post that gives us the 6speedonline.com discount code?
These things are discounted to about the max that they can be discounted to already.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Jon.991 is on a distinguished road
Do you only offer the one color? Any etching available?

Let me know,ready to order.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
Yes, we only offer it in the one color and we do not offer any etching.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:22 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I ordered some of these for my Boxster and got them this past Friday in time for the weekend. My report:

- I researched the seller a bit before buying. They appear to be a reputable shop in CA.
- they're nicely made, in a nice box with cut-outs in the foam.
- I weighed five bolts, and my scale kept changing its mind. They appear to be around 320g or 11.2 oz for those who don't speak metric. My OE steel bolts were 473g and a smidgen over 1 lb. or 16.06 oz. That's about 1/3 lighter! And it's all unsprung weight. Therefore, theoretically, my car now accelerates faster, brakes better and handles like a go-cart.
- The bolts and seats are identical as far as I could tell to the OE, except of course, for the nicer finish and lighter weight.
- The bolts look great installed, and they won't get all nasty like the OE bolts do after a few years.

All in all, it's an expensive little farkle, but I'm happy with them. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can spend more for these and you can spend less if you like to cheap substandard Chinese parts on your Porsche. I like that they were made in America, and I'm always willing to pay a premium for that.