996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Blow Off Valve Sound after new clutch install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Ajs76 will become famous soon enough
Blow Off Valve Sound after new clutch install?

Hey guys,

I just had a new clutch/flywheel put in. It's a UMW kit with the GT3RS stuff (without the fiber tuff)

I'll do a review on that later, but first impressions are that this is MUCH more driveable than my last clutch/flywheel combo. I was told it was a GT3 clutch, but I suspect it was some kind of aluminum flywheel and/or a fibertough clutch because it was a PAIN in the butt to drive.

In any case, after the install, I've noticed the turbos are MUCH louder. I have the same EP2 Loud Exhaust, but I can really hear the spool now. The part that makes me quirk an eyebrow is how much more audible the sound of the diverter valves are (I assume). It almost sounds like blow off valves when you clutch in.

Any idea why I would be hearing that more loudly now? Is that normal? Is it possible my car just didn't make that sound before because the clutch was failing or something?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
JG GT500 will become famous soon enough
Same exact thing happened to me after my UMW RS clutch install - intercooler pipe was dislodged during install of clutch. Tightened it up, no more blow-off sound.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:44 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Also check your turbo intake hoses - mine were off there after a clutch install... Those are the ones on the turbo right inside the rear tires...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Good to know I'm not crazy guys! I'll go take it back to the mechanic.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ajs76
Good to know I'm not crazy guys! I'll go take it back to the mechanic.
who did the install for you?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
It was the driver's side turbo intake hose for anyone who ends up searching and finding this thread later. Quick fix that the mechanic took care of.

Old 09-13-2020, 08:29 PM
TTMach1 is a glorious beacon of lightTTMach1 is a glorious beacon of lightTTMach1 is a glorious beacon of lightTTMach1 is a glorious beacon of lightTTMach1 is a glorious beacon of lightTTMach1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ajs76
It was the driver's side turbo intake hose for anyone who ends up searching and finding this thread later. Quick fix that the mechanic took care of.
Good post. 8 years later, your post did what you intended.
I just put my gearbox back in and took for a drive and was hearing the blow off sound. A quick search found this thread. I had the exact hose pull out. You saved me a ton of time.
Cheers