996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K16/16G FVD flat spots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Remote has a spectacular aura aboutRemote has a spectacular aura about
K16/16G FVD flat spots

Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions.I recently got some K16/16G turbos fitted to my 02 Turbo. I have all the supporting mods such as

Uprated Boost hoses
Diverter valves
1 bar wastegates
cargraphic exhaust with 200 cell cats
K16/16G turbos
5 bar FPR
New oil lines

I had FVD put a remap onto the car to take advantage of the mods, however im not happy with it. I get a flat spot around 3500rpm and 4400pm, the boost gauge tells me that the boost is building but its very obvious when driving it that car almost feels like its struggling when it hits the flat spots. Only problem is it doesnt seem to happen all the time.

I put the car on a dyno dynamics dyno a couple of weeks ago and it made terrible power. 460 IIRC, however the setup wasnt great as they only had one fan at the front of the car, so cant really rely on the results. However it did show up a flat spot between 3-4k rpm.

I went back to the place where it was mapped and they suggested changing the N75 valve. Which i just got my hands on today. There is no boost leaks showing up on Durametrics.

Any suggestions?? would the N75 valve cause these issues??

Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
where are you located?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
when was the last plug/coil pack change?

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Plugs changed 18months ago, not sure on the coils. Car has 60K miles. Should coils be changed now??

Im located in Dublin Ireland

Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
First I would check for any fault codes with PST2/PIWIS or Durametric. Then I would flash back to stock and see if the symptoms are still there. If so there are a number of things to look at:
1. Clean TB
2. Check for leaks
3. Plugs/coils

If not, contact FVD for updated flash...

Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
you need better plugs.. and def. coils... Denso Double Platinum Plug
Part Number: PK20PR-P8.
where did yo uget the k16Gs... new ? used? what WGs... how do you know they are set up right?
and finally, from my understanding FVD does not have tunes for k16gs with 1 bar wgs...
maybe they made you a custom program not sure.... but its all in the program assuming hardware is correct... you cant tell from durametric that you do not have boost leaks.. not sure who told you that.
but you can log both the set point boost and actual boost to see if its running right... also timing, afrs, etc.... this is easy if you have a durametric cable... you can also log the N75... its easy....
Its not the N75 trust me... wasn't there before so how can it be now lol
markski

LOG LOG LOG... you will find it..

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-15-2012, 04:09 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
I just changed my coils huge difference well worth the 300 bucks

Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
you need better plugs.. and def. coils... Denso Double Platinum Plug
Part Number: PK20PR-P8.
where did yo uget the k16Gs... new ? used? what WGs... how do you know they are set up right?
and finally, from my understanding FVD does not have tunes for k16gs with 1 bar wgs...
maybe they made you a custom program not sure.... but its all in the program assuming hardware is correct... you cant tell from durametric that you do not have boost leaks.. not sure who told you that.
but you can log both the set point boost and actual boost to see if its running right... also timing, afrs, etc.... this is easy if you have a durametric cable... you can also log the N75... its easy....
Its not the N75 trust me... wasn't there before so how can it be now lol
markski

LOG LOG LOG... you will find it..
Thanks Markski,

I am getting a major service on the car next week so I will purchase those plugs and new coils. I got the K16/16G's from 9excellence in the UK, they were a used set but in very good condition with low mileage on them. Im not sure what wastegates were on the Turbos, or if 1 bar actuators are actually wastegates, but there is 1bar actuators, but they should be the correct setup as they were on a car running correctly already.

I should have Durametric software this evening or in the next week and i will post up my logs.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. All help appretiated

Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
those k16s are with the 1 bar wgs.. your fine...
log- this will give you all thew answers...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Remote,

Sorry to hear about the flat spot. Please pm me with your purchase details (if you purchased individually or via a dealer) and I will check into the file that you are currently running to see if it is software related.

Certainly, the above recommendations from Marski, Tim and Wross should also be followed as well.

We will work with you to make sure that you are happy. Just give me a little more information and I will help you out.

Many Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks Rhonda that is exactly what I'm looking for, I will pm you with any details I have. Can you confirm that you do have specific maps for the setup I'm running, K16/16G with 1 bar wastegates? Thanks

Look forward to getting it sorted

Mark

Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Mark,

Nice chatting with you yesterday.

We do have specific maps for the K16/16G w 1 bar wastegates.

You should be receiving a call from FVD Germany right about now to get things sorted with the dealer you purchased the software from. Many Thanks and keep me posted.

Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Thanks Rhonda, I was talking to Flo in Germany.

Il keep you posted.

Many thanks

Mark

Old 08-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Have received my Durametrics and have completed a log in third and fourth gear. I couldn't bring it to the redline in fourth as i couldn't get a clear run on the roads.

The data is in Excel form as i don't know how to convert it into a graph.

let me know what you guys think. I felt the flat spot very evidently in the fourth gear run

Attached Files
File Type: zip
dura 3.zip (62.7 KB, 56 views)
Dura 4.zip (75.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Heres a few more logs with RKAT adaption banks 1 and 2 and FRA adaption banks 1 and 2.

One of the logs is just at idle for a couple of minutes

The other is in third gear from 2.5K Revs to 4.5K revs with no boost

Attached Files
Adaptation RKAT and FRA.zip (59.7 KB, 46 views)
3rd gear no boost.zip (69.6 KB, 39 views)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K16/16G FVD flat spots