996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

It's a sad sad day....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:58 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy It's a sad sad day....

OK maybe I am exaggerating but it sucks having to say goodbye for 4 months. As of today all the toys have been put away. Stupid winter.

RX7 got put away last weekend...

And now Porsche got put on stands today ...

All warm and cozy...

But before I put it away I took what just may be the worst pictures ever taken of a Porsche with my cell phone. LOL

Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Just curious... Why do you put it away?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Looks like the kids have to put away some toys too

We are spoiled here in LA

Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Just curious... Why do you put it away?

Because I live in a part of Canada that has snowy winters. This pic was taken a couple of years ago when we had a pretty bad winter...

Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
LOL ya that is at our cottage in the country. Kids were freezing their butts off today on their little 4 wheelers. lol

I envy you folks with the LA weather!

Originally Posted by SamboTT
Looks like the kids have to put away some toys too

We are spoiled here in LA

Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
What do the tops of your jack stands look like? How are you supporting the Porsche with them (meaning with the holes in the underside of the car where the jacking pucks go)? Mine has been put away for some time already so I feel your pain!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
What do the tops of your jack stands look like? How are you supporting the Porsche with them (meaning with the holes in the underside of the car where the jacking pucks go)? Mine has been put away for some time already so I feel your pain!
They are regular jack stands but I put a hockey puck on each stand. So basically there is a hockey puck in between each stand and the car.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
I'm in the same boat, Just did the oil change before storage.. The best part of this is when you are going for the first ride in spring. Feel like a new car every year!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NTIMD8
Because I live in a part of Canada that has snowy winters. This pic was taken a couple of years ago when we had a pretty bad winter...

I still don't get it...

So it snows, snow gets cleared, drive car.

Obviously, you wouldn't drive it in 24 inches of snow... But I've driven in snow where it barely clears the lip of my cars. It can be quite fun, actually.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 PM
NeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of light
I still don't get it...

Obviously, you wouldn't drive it in 24 inches of snow... But I've driven in snow where it barely clears the lip of my cars. It can be quite fun, actually.
So Jasper do you use it frequently in the winter, i.e. as nearly a DD- or just for fun?

My first winter with my TT- have my snow tires mounted and ready to go...will have to see how I like driving it in snow- everybody who does says it is a lot of fun!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
You store your car with your wing up?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Ya, I get that these cars can be driven in the snow but they use a lot of salt on the roads which kills cars and I just don't find driving sports cars in wintery conditions enjoyable.

I still don't get it...

Old 11-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by Simi_996
You store your car with your wing up?
No, there is actually a scratch under the spoiler that I am getting fixed over the winter. So I kept the spoiler up for when I take the deck licd off and take it to the paint shop.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by NTIMD8
Ya, I get that these cars can be driven in the snow but they use a lot of salt on the roads which kills cars and I just don't find driving sports cars in wintery conditions enjoyable.
Roger. Understood.

This would frustrate me. I don't quite understand that with all of the technology we have, there isn't a better solution to take care of snow on the street, but doesn't negatively affect the machines that use that street. The irony is maddening.

It's like - cleaning a pool with bleach (chlorine) - who thinks of these things?

Last edited by jaspergtr; 11-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Ya some places don't use salt anymore (not sure what they use, maybe sand and gravel) but here in Ottawa they use tons of salt.

My winter car which is 8 years old now has rocker panels that are rusted through despit having the car rust proofed every year or so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's a sad sad day....