996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Keyless Push Start Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Subscribed ... I'm also curious how your shop would get this to work as I am planning to put in a two way Viper alarm with remote start/turbo timer ...

Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting project, I love CA in my 550i. Feels so old turning a key in the 911

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I looked into this also and it will require a key placed in the car for immobilizer as well as a cut key to trick the steering lock. Two keys in the car = bust. Hope you have better luck

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
EVOL660 is on a distinguished road
It's in.

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EVOL660
It's in.
...and?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Feedback ?? DIY?

Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Trying to make an appointment with audio shop for install. Definitely not a DIY with my skill set. Need to get transmission gasket replaced first. Will post when in progress.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
it will require a key placed in the car for immobilizer as well as a cut key to trick the steering lock.
Yes....I had a horrible time with a lost immobilizer "pill" when I was upgrading my keys, let alone trying to get by the immobilizer all together.

I love CA on my "M", but this seems like a bit too compromised of a solution unless it is OEM.

Hope it works, as this would be a nice mod.

Tom

Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
I looked into this also and it will require a key placed in the car for immobilizer as well as a cut key to trick the steering lock. Two keys in the car = bust. Hope you have better luck
i'm confused why you would need 2 keys, use the blade for the steering lock and rest of it for the immobilizer ?

Old 09-26-2013, 01:19 PM
cupertino is on a distinguished road
to EVOL660
Any update ?

Old 10-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Got amazingly side tracked and its still sitting in the box. Will make an attempt as soon as life slows a little.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:42 AM
modquench is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EVOL660
Got amazingly side tracked and its still sitting in the box. Will make an attempt as soon as life slows a little.
Any update here? Did you ever go forward with this install?

Old 12-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Enclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to behold
Looks like he sold his 996tt.

Anyway in order to get this to work you need to bypass the Immobilizer and figure out how to get around the steering lock. Once you do that, you can put in an after-market keyless entry/push button system. The immobilizer can by bypassed by disabling it in the DME (tuner will be able to do that if they are willing).

Old 02-16-2016, 07:26 AM
modquench is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

Thought I would update you guys here as I see the original thread operator never finished the install. I had originally been reading through this thread before I decided to go ahead and get the Advanced Keys system for my 993.

The Advanced Keys system is made by a company out of Canada I believe. I ordered it online, and had it installed locally in South Florida by a company called Prestige Cars in Delray Beach, FL. They do a ton of electronic stuff for dealer cars, etc. They had a lot of experience with remote start systems, but had never installed one of these push button ignition systems. I'm thrilled with the results, they did impeccable work.

My goal was not to drill any holes in the dash, so if I ever had to or wanted to revert back to original ignition system it would be reversible. The push button now resides in the home of the original turn key ignition using the original backing plate as a surround.

It essentially operates just as the comfort access system in previous BMWs I've owned with hands-free keyless entry, allowing you to never remove the key card from your pocket. You just walk up to the car, it unlocks, you get in, and you push and hold the start button for a couple seconds until the car starts.

It includes two antenna/proximity sensors that lock and unlock the doors, and key cards that must be on your person in your pocket to allow the push button ignition to start. When you're done, you hold the push button ignition and the car shuts down after about 3 seconds. You walk away and the car locks and arms the alarm all on its own. It ties into the car's OEM alarm system, lights, horn, doors, etc. Security wise, I felt it was incredibly safe as it retains the OEM porsche alarm and it also uses RFID tech as well as rolling-code encryption.

Immobilizer is bypassed, and must be, as the new key cards became the new system. The old keys are now in storage, where they belong. It feels incredibly secure with the redundancy of the RFID and rolling code encryption.

I drove a 993 locally in South Florida, and felt the immobilizer and fobs felt antiquated. From my perspective, this just gives the car that little extra push into modern comfort to allow you to enjoy all the rest of the simple and beautiful elegance inside the car.

The company was great with answering the phone as well with questions the guys had during install.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3272.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	440341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3273.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	440342  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:29 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
thats amazing, what was the cost of the parts and cost of the labor to install please ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Keyless Push Start Retrofit