996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Keyless Push Start Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 AM
modquench is on a distinguished road
The kit was roughly $350 I think, and installation roughly the same. I'm sure install cost will vary from shop to shop but the company told me any reputable shop that does remote starts should charge from $300-$500 for an install. They also have a list of dealers on their site.

Best,
Elie

Old 02-16-2016, 07:44 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
brilliant, thank you

Old 02-16-2016, 09:12 AM
IITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to all
That actually integrates very well into your interior.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:26 AM
xmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant future
Looks great!

Old 02-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Looks great!

I've never thought about updating my 911 to comfort access.

My BMW's (especially my M5) have taught me that there are several completely useless things that I hate to admit I like.

Rain Sensing wipers
Comfort Access
Air conditioned seats
Active seat (active side bolsters)

To name a few.

Later, Steve

Old 02-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you for posting this. Looks great and that seems like a reasonable cost for the convenience. I too have been spoiled by other cars with proximity locking, push button start, etc. and this would be a nice add.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:13 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
Looks great!

I've never thought about updating my 911 to comfort access.

My BMW's (especially my M5) have taught me that there are several completely useless things that I hate to admit I like.

Rain Sensing wipers
Comfort Access
Air conditioned seats
Active seat (active side bolsters)

To name a few.

Later, Steve

active side bolsters may be my favorite part of my 7-series

Old 02-17-2016, 06:01 PM
EVOL660 is on a distinguished road
Sorry all, sold the car awhile back and the kit has been sitting in the closet. Might try to pop it in my daily driver Tacoma.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:10 PM
crazy1469 is on a distinguished road
looking for feedback from people that has the system installed in the car...
how is it working?
any issues or bugs?

Old 02-27-2016, 09:21 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by modquench
The kit was roughly $350 I think, and installation roughly the same. I'm sure install cost will vary from shop to shop but the company told me any reputable shop that does remote starts should charge from $300-$500 for an install. They also have a list of dealers on their site.

Best,
Elie
can you post a link to the kit you used please

Old 03-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Old 03-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Enclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to behold
Before everyone goes out and buys the kit, remember for 996tt, you will need to delete the Immobilizer (via ECU programming) and figure out how to bypass the steering lock.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:35 AM
someone posted earlier that removing the cylinder takes care of the steering lock issue, as for the immobiliser issue, I assume that will be the same issue you would have with a remote start and easily worked around with an extra key that you sacrifice. The vendors website says its good for all cars, hopefully there wont be any stumbling blocks.

i ordered it and its being installed next week hopefully, i'll report back on whether it was a success or not

Last edited by buzzm; 03-03-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xcgh
Thanks bull, but that sites push button requires you to still turn the key then push. I'm looking for a "never pull your key out of your pocket" solution.
I believe this is a "never pull the key out of your pocket" solution. You only need the key if you buy the push button start independent of the kit.

Later, Steve

Old 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Sawborg is on a distinguished road
Sweet setup modquence. The company also has the **** switch start: http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104S.html

It might be a great compromise between having the latest conveniences and having the traditional twist ignition start on the left.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Keyless Push Start Retrofit