996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kline Exhausts - Any thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 AM
bl1ng has a spectacular aura aboutbl1ng has a spectacular aura about
Question

Originally Posted by TTX50
Had one on mine for about 6 months - bought through Ebay UK and very cheap. It's a 200 cell cat crossover. I'd say it's medium-loud, with one of the best sounds I've heard on a 996 turbo so far. It's also welded and constructed really well. I had a titanium non-crossover DesignTek before that, which didn't sound anywhere near as good - but I did get the impression the turbos spooled quicker than with the Kline. Do a YouTube search and you'll likely find a short warm-rev clip I made a few weeks ago. Camera was too close and the clip doesn't really do the sound justice. I'll do some interior and drive-past videos when the weather improves!
Hi TTX50,

I am fellow UK 996 Turbo owner and currently contemplating my sport exhaust options.

I have narrowed it down to the Kline, Speedtech and Milltek. At the end of the day, if the Kline sounds just as good the other two, it is a no brainer and good value for money.

I have listened to numerous sound clips/YouTube vids but I find they are very difficult to make a fair comparison or indicate what it might sound like in real life.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the Kline:
- How would you describe the sound of your Kline ?
- Is there any drone or resonance in the cabin when cruising at between 2k and 3k revs ?
- Where did you buy yours from - Top Gear or elsewhere ?
- I would love the opportunity to listen to yours. I don't suppose you live near London or attend events/meets ?

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:17 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Go X-flow. Protomotive, SpeedTech, 911 tuning.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
You forgot Milltek..

Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
If you need any extra info about our Kline systems pop me a PM.
Next week we will release a 997TT video, sound will be very similar.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Is the Kline not a X-Flow ?
It looks like it in the photos

Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
TTX50 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bl1ng
Hi TTX50,

I am fellow UK 996 Turbo owner and currently contemplating my sport exhaust options.

I have narrowed it down to the Kline, Speedtech and Milltek. At the end of the day, if the Kline sounds just as good the other two, it is a no brainer and good value for money.

I have listened to numerous sound clips/YouTube vids but I find they are very difficult to make a fair comparison or indicate what it might sound like in real life.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the Kline:
- How would you describe the sound of your Kline ?
- Is there any drone or resonance in the cabin when cruising at between 2k and 3k revs ?
- Where did you buy yours from - Top Gear or elsewhere ?
- I would love the opportunity to listen to yours. I don't suppose you live near London or attend events/meets ?

Thanks for your help.
Hi

1. Throaty at low revs, then raspy as revs rise, screaming at high revs. Always puts a grin on my face. Sounds great from the outside as well (I watched one exactly the same as mine at a track day at Brands not long ago).
2. Slight drone between 2K and 3K revs - but much better than others I've heard.
3. Got mine from ebay - can't remember where exactly.
4. I'm in Kent and occasionally go to the Kent region meets at Brands Hatch.

Good luck in your search!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

I don't suppose you will be at the Silverstone Classic for the PCGB 911 Parade Lap ?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Felix_Kline
Our standard system is 2.5 inch. X pipe design with 8x5 oval silencers.
You get very good power gains . We can make it 100/200 cell or complete decat. Our systems have interchangeble cat pipes. You can have pipes with cats , and when you race/ track you can change to decat pipes.
Stainless steel system weights 14.5 kg .

We also make manifolds for 996/997 TT .

Pics of a system with decat pipes and manifolds. Its made from formula 1 grade INCONEL 625. Weight of the system is 9 kg with cat pipes. Manifold weight is 1.6 kg each.

To see any Kline fresh stuff check our facebook
https://www.facebook.com/KlineInnovation
HI, On that system how does it sound with cats verse no cats.. Loudness and drone.. Thanks

Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
mikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nice
I have had two Kline exhaust on my car in the past year, I still have their quiet version on now.
The quality is very good, the customer service is outstanding they stand behind their product for sure. Christian their designer is passionate about the product.

Noise level is very subjective, I like quiet, I currently have the quietest system they make on mine now, at idle its quiet but you know its not stock, gentle driving again not noisy but its more sporty for sure, at WOT it howls nice.

The first Kline cross over system I fitted was amazing, startup and idle sounded slightly aggressive, normal driving sounded quite sporty at WOT simply jaw dropping but just too loud for my older conservative taste. You could easily hear the turbos spool, very addictive.

rgds
mike

Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 PM
I didn't know they did a quiet and a loud system - they only seem to list one type for the 996, albeit with decat/100 cell/200 cell

Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
TTX50 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info.

I don't suppose you will be at the Silverstone Classic for the PCGB 911 Parade Lap ?
Good plan...
I was booked on it ...
...but sadly can't make it now.

If you're really keen to hear it, PM me and I might be persuaded to go for a drive towards London one weekend !

Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I didn't know they did a quiet and a loud system - they only seem to list one type for the 996, albeit with decat/100 cell/200 cell
Maybe with the same size piping, 2.5'', because of it with cats and without cats?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:55 PM
mikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nice
No they made me a system to suit my needs, I had their previous two muffler cross over system, then they made me a quieter version, same cats only the muffler section changed, Christian was very careful to ensure it was quiet but not restrictive.
As I shared these guys are passionate about customer satisfaction.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Since Mike brought it up, I think it s good to know that at Kline we also tailor special systems for specific requests from our customers. We keep a record of all one off special parts, some will also be added to our normal range.

Attached are pics for special design 996TT system. It is a quiet version.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6853.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	259642   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6856.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	259643   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6858.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	259644  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Felix_Kline
Since Mike brought it up, I think it s good to know that at Kline we also tailor special systems for specific requests from our customers. We keep a record of all one off special parts, some will also be added to our normal range.

Attached are pics for special design 996TT system. It is a quiet version.
HI,,So again,,,how does you standard 2.5'' system change in sound going from cats to cat delete?? Thanks..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline Exhausts - Any thoughts ?