996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New- to-me 05 911 Turbo S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Jay9722 is on a distinguished road
Seriously? They edited out the word c o c k pit??

Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Nadurra2008 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jay9722
I'm not too worried about negative comments from the owners of newer 911's. This car is exactly what I wanted. I loved the open top driving with the Spyder but it didn't have enough power when I needed it. And the ****pit was a little tight for me. I think the Turbo S has eveything i need and want and the polar silver with blue top makes it unique enough that i wont see any where i live. You will love my old Spyder. She is super clean with no issues. Hit me up if you want the custom Lloyd mats and Tequipment cover!
Thanks Jay. Yes, I might take you up on those mats. I'll have more time next week. I'm preoccupied trying to get everything handled with the new car for Maryland this week.

Enjoy the Turbo S. It's an amazing car. Mine was tuned and had the PSS10 suspension---very fast with massive thrust. It was a handful on back roads. That is why I went with the Spyder. I do more back road driving than highway. Having 500 ft/lbs in the car was scary on back roads, but on open straights it was an insane rush.

I figure that people will take shots at me with the Spyder as some of the snobs did in my 996T---but it's best just to tune them out.

PS---get the 997 GT3 shifter in it....you'll love it.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:06 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nadurra2008
Thanks Jay. Yes, I might take you up on those mats. I'll have more time next week. I'm preoccupied trying to get everything handled with the new car for Maryland this week.

Enjoy the Turbo S. It's an amazing car. Mine was tuned and had the PSS10 suspension---very fast with massive thrust. It was a handful on back roads. That is why I went with the Spyder. I do more back road driving than highway. Having 500 ft/lbs in the car was scary on back roads, but on open straights it was an insane rush.

I figure that people will take shots at me with the Spyder as some of the snobs did in my 996T---but it's best just to tune them out.

PS---get the 997 GT3 shifter in it....you'll love it.
Just enjoy your car!! Who cares what the dip **** haters say!! It's your car not there's!! Lol

Old 04-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Pics or it never happened

Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM
WILLIAMP will become famous soon enough
Agreed.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase it sounds like you found a beauty Now lets some pictures of this beast ..... please.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 PM
My only issues with the Turbo S...it's a rattle box! Every bump in the road brings out a ton of squeaks and rattles. I'm totally OCD about noises that I can't find and silence. This car will drive me insane. But the performance is fantastic. I just drove her 550 miles from VA to my house in Charleston SC. It was gorgeous out the entire ride so I had the top down, a warm breeze, and got a terrible sunburn! Worth it.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
First pictures. Taken with my Iphone so not the best quality.

Attached Images   
Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
My only issues with the Turbo S...it's a rattle box! Every bump in the road brings out a ton of squeaks and rattles. .
That's probably 'coz of the cab version.

Btw, gorgeous car.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Great looking car and thank you posting some photos It looks like the exact spot you took pictures of your Boxster at.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Great looking car and thank you posting some photos It looks like the exact spot you took pictures of your Boxster at.
Thanks! Yup, parking under my condo. I delivered her to South Carolina and now I'm back in DC until June. It's going to be tough driving my truck for the next two months.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
That's going to be a long wait but at least gives you some time to see what modifications you want Hopefully the next few months go by fast.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:51 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
My only issues with the Turbo S...it's a rattle box! Every bump in the road brings out a ton of squeaks and rattles. .
That's another reason to go with a loud exhaust

Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
"That's another reason to go with a loud exhaust"

My Speedtech 2.5 Quiet exhaust solved the problem of hearing all the rattles when my top is down. (: