996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Couple stereo questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 09:03 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Couple stereo questions...

Hey guys 2 questions:
1. Since when do songs and titles get displayed when using radio?? 1 of the stations I listen to does this... The station name stays on for a couple seconds, then the artist of the song for a couple secs. then the title....just like XM or Sirius, but with regular FM radio! Thought that was pretty cool...
2.What is inside the BOSE box?? What size and how many subs?? Are they acutal subs or is it somthing else in there??
Evan

Old 11-06-2003, 09:45 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Some stations transmit signals that allow this. I think it's the RDS feature on the radio? I rented a car in CA this past summer and I noticed the same thing, but I have never seen this out here. The interesting thing is the stations were also using the radio display to transmit advertising.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Crash is an unknown quantity at this point
Titles

Yes, that´s the RDS feature. They´ve been using it for song titles and advertising for ages now, here in Europe.

Old 11-06-2003, 12:10 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Thanks guys, its pretty cool....
Any idea about whats in the sub box tho?
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 11-06-2003 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
I thought I had read somewhere that they have 6x9's in there. Do not hold me to it though. Whatever it may be, it is not enough.

Old 11-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Sloth
I thought I had read somewhere that they have 6x9's in there. Do not hold me to it though. Whatever it may be, it is not enough.
Even being a young kid, I don't think the BOSE is "that" bad... I mean its really fine, I would just prefer a "bit" more...
I am dying to do a similar setup as Buddy (3 JL audio 8's in yellow painted fiberglass box), but no $$$$$ right now .
Evan

Old 11-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Had this in my 99 C2. Two JL 8w0's in a custom made box. It was friction fit behind the rear seats with factory carpet. With the rear seats up, you would not even know it was there. It really filled in the low end without being boomy or overbearing.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:44 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Evan, As far back as my 00 C4 CAB the radio displayed the station name on the screen.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:04 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I dont know whats in the bose box but its not heavy enough to be any good. I turn the bass all the way up and you can barely hear anything coming out of there. Its typical Bose... Overly expensive underly performing. What I dont understand is how Bose weasled their way into 911TTs!

Old 11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Your Bose must not work then. I know that there are better speaker systems out there (even standard sound systems, like the Pro Logic 7, and the Linn stereo for the Vanquish), but the Bose is great. Unless you need to wake the neighbors, the Bose is perfect. However, I would still like to see a better system, especially in a 120 grand car.

Old 11-06-2003, 05:56 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Evan,
I thought you had the Bose Subwoofer box out of the car before? Didn't you take a look underneath? There are two

Are you ready for this?

Are you sure you are ready?

Here you go......

Two 4 3/4" speakers.

Yup gentlemen, that is it.

Some subs, huh?

Old 11-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by KPV

Here you go......

Two 4 3/4" speakers.

Yup gentlemen, that is it.

Some subs, huh?
Not particularly surprised here. They are even odd size speakers so you can not upgrade them.

MBailey
Its typical Bose... Overly expensive underly performing. What I dont understand is how Bose weasled their way into 911TTs!
The boys and girls in the Bose marketing department are geniuses. They sell an inferior audio product for top dollar and the majority of folks are happy to pay for it.

No highs no lows, must be Bose.

Old 11-06-2003, 11:26 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
I concur with the "radio is awful group" I had M audio in my M5 which was light years better and I didn't even think that was all that great. The best stock car stereo I have heard in a while was in the new E55 AMG. I listened to it in logic 7 mode. It was pretty crisp. I was listening to Obie Trice in the E55 then brought the disk into my car and was like what happened, where is the bass, the mid range sound, the tweeters. I could not believe how different it sounded. Just awful!!!

*On another note, can anyone suggest a bass and treble setting to maximize this obviously weak stereo. Any combo I try sounds bad. The most recent +7 bass and +4 Treble sounds a little better, but, not much.

-Lou

Old 11-07-2003, 06:21 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
I agree, P sound is damn week. How have people upgraded, especially the poor subs?

Old 11-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ColorChange
I agree, P sound is damn week. How have people upgraded, especially the poor subs?
Buddy G has 3 JL Audio 8's back there with a custom box...also with Alpine flip out scree, and amps in trunk...very nice system..
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couple stereo questions...