996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good E85 vs Bad E85?? Gas Stations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Btw merry Christmas everyone!!

Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
No I'm asking what people thought if they found, let's say perhaps that the Sunoco e85 was consistently better then let's say Valero. That's what I was asking. I know a lot of talk about winter and summer blend but then there are lots of people that don't think there really is a difference.

Also at the same extent a standalone isn't needed at my power level, plus you have no idea if I'm using the stock ecu. Btw there are people disagree with you in relation to tuning and using the stock ecu to help make a tune better by adapting. No one makes a perfect tune. Tim ur a builder not a tuner, let's keep it at that.

Btw I will find the thread from 2 years ago I read a week Ago u disagreeing with Tonys tuning and riding the knock sensor.

I would appreciate if u stayed outside my threads because u have had personal issues with me since I did NOTchoose u to do my build even though u live around the corner......for numerous reasons I would rather not say on a public forum for your benefit...

My benefit? As I always say it is the owner not the car.. You where crying the blues about the car costing you 4k in the first month you owned it, I told you come on by and I will help you change your radiator. Did I charge you? Did I look over your car and point out a few things? Did I stop your over boosting? You picked my brain then took what I told you and looked around for the cheapest prices on everything. You even went to shops and tried to get all the shops in a bidding war to work on your car! Something to think of.. Is the shop you got the best deal from warrantying their work or guaranteeing their work? No one I know would warrantying anything that they did not source themselves. Do you go to rare650 and bring your own steak for them to ccok? I know why they wont cook your supplied steak tho, when your meal sucks you will blame them. All the best.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Tim,

I don't want to put personal info on the internet for your benefit. I will leave it at that. FYI you quoted me a full build including all parts for 12.5k. Great price, didn't want to work with you. I'm sorry.

I think its best for our benefits that I just block you so I don't have to deal with your constant badgering and condescending comments u make in various threads towards me. Best of luck.

Last edited by Wealth Manager; 12-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by boostnevo
You can buy E85 by the drum, but be warned that E85 absorbs moisture from the air. So unless you plan to use the fuel frequently, it may not be wise to store the fuel for extended periods of time.
I was doing some research on this and that as long as the fuel is sealed properly before and after use then it will not absorb water. A guy did a test over 6 months and using from the same container.

I will try to pull it up the article. Tested the same beginning to end but it was stored in proper dark area like a garage and it was sealed after each use.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:28 PM
I was also wondering if people keep some e85 on site at their house what they are using to refuel their car with……..I found this one product……

http://www.flo-n-go.com/products/product_duramax/

Old 12-25-2013, 08:45 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
do not keep an alcohol in plastic bottle unless you want it to loose octane and draw moisture, metal only. there is a reason VP m1 methonal comes in metal cans.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
do not keep an alcohol in plastic bottle unless you want it to loose octane and draw moisture, metal only. there is a reason VP m1 methonal comes in metal cans.
I guess I was looking at it as a dispensing unit more so than storage. Do they make a unit that can be hooked up to dispense from a metal storage container, thats not ur old school syphon?

Old 12-25-2013, 10:55 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
many electric drum pumps

Old 12-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
many electric drum pumps
Good call, thanks!

Old 12-25-2013, 11:20 AM
irish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to allirish100p is a name known to all
The advantages of a truly flex fueled car running proefi or syveccs or whatever EMS with a flex fuel sensor will shine through here. They will not only monitor the ethanol content but will allow for real time changes in the map to accommodate them. Without speeding the money on a stand alone system, you can get a zietronix sensor with a display that will tell you what your ethanol content is at all times. I've used ethanol on all my cars and listen to the advice given, store it in the metal container it comes in and get a tester because the last thing you want is to use a batch of e85 that's really a winter blend and more like e65 and pop the motor.

As for your original question, e85 is rarely truly e85. Ive found it as low as 65 and high as 90 depending on the station and the time of year. The local station to me some days is 80 some days is 75 during the summer and during the winter it just gets lower.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by irish100p
The advantages of a truly flex fueled car running proefi or syveccs or whatever EMS with a flex fuel sensor will shine through here. They will not only monitor the ethanol content but will allow for real time changes in the map to accommodate them. Without speeding the money on a stand alone system, you can get a zietronix sensor with a display that will tell you what your ethanol content is at all times. I've used ethanol on all my cars and listen to the advice given, store it in the metal container it comes in and get a tester because the last thing you want is to use a batch of e85 that's really a winter blend and more like e65 and pop the motor.

As for your original question, e85 is rarely truly e85. Ive found it as low as 65 and high as 90 depending on the station and the time of year. The local station to me some days is 80 some days is 75 during the summer and during the winter it just gets lower.
'

Thanks bud.

I was looking into ordering some pure E85, a 55 gallon drum and storing it in the garage so I have it on call. I have a shop here, SK speed that can get it for me. Then after I use it all I would refill at a gas station when the readings were high or order more from time to time. The nice thing is there are ALOT of E85 gas stations on long island and some of my friends are already ahead of me in the e85 game so they know what stations already read higher and they run some aggressive e85 tunes (not porsches).

Old 12-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I Know I am blocked... Be careful of E85. E85 should be 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. When you buy E85 do you know what it was cut with? usually its cut with 87 oct at the gas pump, but when you buy in a drum from unknown sources you most likely are getting reclaimed ethanol from the medical industry mixed with who knows what. As I stated earlier this is a question for your tuner. Put your block back on as it did not work

Old 12-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
I was looking into ordering some pure E85, a 55 gallon drum and storing it in the garage so I have it on call. I have a shop here, SK speed that can get it for me.
Not sure who SK Speed is buying from, but VP Racing, Ignite Racing & Rockett Brand all sell E85 Race Fuels (Ignite sells E98 also). AND you can also buy E98 from these guys in 55 gallon drums.

For what it's worth, Eddie Bello uses Ignite.

Last edited by Mit_Boost; 12-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
Not sure who SK Speed is buying from, but VP Racing, Ignite Racing & Rockett Brand all sell E85 Race Fuels (Ignite sells E98 also). AND you can also buy E98 from these guys in 55 gallon drums.

Yes, VP Racing.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
u sure about that ?

Yes, VP Racing.
VP makes C85. gotta tune for it, you dont just dump it in. on another note have you checked that your injectors are compatible with C85 ??

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good E85 vs Bad E85?? Gas Stations?