996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone Paint Their Interior Pieces?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 03:09 PM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kylehohlier
awesome job! i've debated whether to do this or the carbon fiber dip. Think i'll try this first!
Carbon dip is around £30 per panel, mine will be done soon

Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM
gottspd has a spectacular aura aboutgottspd has a spectacular aura about
It looks like we have some shops here that do it, but it's pricier here.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:39 PM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gottspd
It looks like we have some shops here that do it, but it's pricier here.
Where they get you is all the panels ie console, side panel, ashtray and switch surround, you think oh great $40 for that but no its $160 !!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 PM
gottspd has a spectacular aura aboutgottspd has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by johnny.dangerous
Where they get you is all the panels ie console, side panel, ashtray and switch surround, you think oh great $40 for that but no its $160 !!!!

That's true and the entry point on the items is pretty expensive too... I'd be happy with a painted silver one so maybe I'll have to try that at some point.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:09 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gottspd
King James, that looks awesome. You should be really proud of your hard work. Nicely done. Would you do it for others?
No don't think I'd do it for others, I'm pretty busy with multiple things on the go at any one time. The DIY really was to help anybody do it themselves on the cheap. If you follow my steps and don't rush you'll get the same results. It's not rocket surgery.

Originally Posted by bmwtmx
King James, now I know why you are King! Awesome and just what I was looking for. Once I get my garage finished (been doing a custom build) this is project number....hmm like 4? But I will keep you posted. No pun.

By the way, where did you buy the paint and supplies? I have been looking at www.paintscratch.com but I am open to others.
I'm in Canada so I had to buy from a local vendor as they won't ship cans of compressed anything over thr border. There's lots of online places to get paint. All thr other supplies like primer and sand paper was all bought at our local automotive store Canadian Tire sorta like Pep Boys.

I'd be happy to help anybody step by step if they want to pm me as they go.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:16 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have an unused paint kit from express paint. Arctic Silver. PM me if interested.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I removed the leather on all the interior trim and covered all the parts with real CF. It cost about $50 in CF and $100 in resin. It looks like OEM CF - a $6000 option. Well worth the effort and easy to adjust if you screw up a piece. I posted a DIY on 6SO on the process - can't seem to find it with the search function.