996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:43 PM
996Tripp is on a distinguished road
Tires

What are the best for summer and winter
Thanks 996Tripp

Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996Tripp
Thanks 996Tripp
Really?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I am getting ready to buy a new set 996, will track race and drag race.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Do some due diligence at least.....

Old 02-10-2014, 07:59 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
Do some due diligence at least.....
i agree tons of info on here

Old 02-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I think maybe I should stop posting on this forum, the last two things I posted just received smart a answers.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I run Conti DW tires in the summer,, I am not a track road racer guy but they do hook for my power level and how I drive..
I drive my car year around, if I can,,
So in late fall to early spring I put Conti DWS all season tires on..Which the PCA members and hard core owners shun that.. .. But I enjoy driving and not loosing traction when it gets below 40 outside..
You could probably get away driving on them all year around depending on your power level and driving ways..

Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks!

Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM
AU M5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
Really?
Not long ago you were flooding this forum with similar threads, give him a break.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks 996Tripp
Shaved down Nitto NT 01's.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:07 AM
zmt
zmt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Shaved down Nitto NT 01's.
But what about for summer?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zmt
But what about for summer?
I like how you think (having run slicks year round)

Those were for summer. Just put chains on for the winter.

Here you go, OP start doing some research :http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Select...3&autoModClar=

Tire choice is dependent on many things, and not just weather. Is the car a lightly modded dd, or a 1K hp weekend roll on weapon?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Then you are going to need track tires for the track or dr's if your car makes big power and has a rwd conversion for dr. Like I said, tons of variables. I ran these on my M3:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....o&autoModClar=

These are good for the money: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....o&autoModClar=

Neither will hook if you make big power.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:25 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Thanks 996Tripp
One set that is best for both summer winter? Or two different sets of tires?

So now you're talking about two different sets of tires? Or three sets, one for summer, one for winter street, and a third for the track and drag racing?

I think maybe I should stop posting on this forum, the last two things I posted just received smart a answers.
The problem is you've posted several times in your thread, but you haven't even provided any basic information, never mind a single specific, so that someone can help. Hence my basic questions to try and understand your goals so at least basic answers can be given. And it's also apparent you haven't searched at all, and that's something everybody should do first to see what information is already available. Given tires are one of, if not the most discussed topic on the forum, there's a ton of information already out there, including probably the answers to most if not all of your questions.

So that's why I suspect you're getting the responses you are...

Originally Posted by johnspeed
I run Conti DW tires in the summer,, I am not a track road racer guy but they do hook for my power level and how I drive..
I drive my car year around, if I can,,
So in late fall to early spring I put Conti DWS all season tires on..Which the PCA members and hard core owners shun that.. .. But I enjoy driving and not loosing traction when it gets below 40 outside..
You could probably get away driving on them all year around depending on your power level and driving ways..
Myself and many other people I know and trust have very poor opinions of the Conti DWS from personal experience and a lot of feedback from people we know and trust as well. Overall, like most all-season tires, it's poor in all seasons. If someone did want to make the poor decision to run all seasons, there are at least a half dozen other tires I'd suggest first.

The DWS is also NOT in any way up to handling the power level of our cars unless you drive like a grandma. The tread compound and pattern is not anywhere near aggressive enough for a car of this level. There's a reason Porsche has no spec for all-seasons tires. These cars require high performance summer and winter tires. Any way, why would anyone want to scrimp, save, or otherwise short-change themselves, their car, their family, and everyone's safety that climbs in that vehicle by putting sub-standard parts on the most critical part of the car, the only part that actually meets the road?

Last edited by teflon_jones; 02-11-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Hey Teflon, and others, I am very new to this forum, but will do more research in the future.Sorry for the inconvience!

996Tripp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tires