996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

KW V1 vs. H&R coilover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:05 AM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
KW V1 vs. H&R coilover

Anyone have experience with either the V1 or H&R?

I'm thinking I want to lower and go an inexpensive coilover solely for spirited street driving. I never intend to track and do not want adjustable dampening. If looking for more I'd go Ohlins and be done with it.

I may add an adjustable rear sway in the future. But for now maybe just coilovers. I really don't want to start the never ending mod game where no matter what you do is great but will work better if you do this as well. It never ends.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I always liked the H&R for a simple street set-up. especially because it's so similar to the GT stuff. BUT, have dome many KW's and have to say they are superior IMO and the opinion of the customers.

Let me know if I can help and hook you up. With a rear bar and some alignment you will change your car by far and still ride great.

Sam

Old 03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Cowtown10 has a spectacular aura aboutCowtown10 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nick49
Anyone have experience with either the V1 or H&R?

I'm thinking I want to lower and go an inexpensive coilover solely for spirited street driving. I never intend to track and do not want adjustable dampening. If looking for more I'd go Ohlins and be done with it.

I may add an adjustable rear sway in the future. But for now maybe just coilovers. I really don't want to start the never ending mod game where no matter what you do is great but will work better if you do this as well. It never ends.
I was in the exact same situation and decided on KW V1s. On recommendations it was the set it and forget it application. I am going with 19"s as well so get the stance and camber set and never worry about it again.

Not necessarily the cheapest option out there but do it once do it right.

I have not installed them yet car is still snowed in

Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 PM
nyc996x50 is on a distinguished road
I have the H&R street performance coil overs. I'm satisfied with them. When I got 19s, my initial plan was just to get H&R lowering springs. Then I saw some threads where the stock struts were failing. I didn't want that headache so I went with the H&R coil overs. I get the drop that I want and I strongly think the handling is a big improvement front stock. Also, for some strange reason, my car rides more compliant with these coilovers on 19s than the oem suspension on 18s. I guess my oem suspension was showing its age? It feels as if I'm driving a brand new car.

I'm happy with them and they're great bang for the buck!