996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best ECU Tune for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 10:57 PM
AA911 is on a distinguished road
Best ECU Tune for 996TT

First post on the forums, I bought a 996TT about 8 months ago and recently just got my license back from suspension. Looking at an ECU tune for some more power, lower fuel consumption, and to get ride of the annoying check engine light to do with airflow (believe it's due to the previous owners mods of the exhaust system).

Any suggestions on which one to get?

Old 03-27-2014, 11:17 PM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Kevin at UMW Ultimate Motor Works

Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 PM
gesundlich will become famous soon enoughgesundlich will become famous soon enough
Personally, I'd figure out what was wrong with my car before I threw more power at it. If you don't know the exact code, how can you be sure it's not something more serious than "airflow" (and what does that even mean)? Just because the car is running, doesn't mean it's running correctly or safely.

These cars aren't cheap to repair after an engine failure. Make sure your car is in top condition before modifying. No (respectable) tuner will touch your car if it's not...

my $0.02... Markski at 911tuning. Not only will he tune you, he'll get your car in as good, if not better shape than when it was new.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:59 PM
I've had it checked a few times, had MAF replaced, etc. I have the errors from the ecu if it helps. But from my research these errors usually come up due to after market exhausts.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Sorry, but there is definitely some great humor here....."just got my license back after suspension....need moh powah!"

Sorry to the OP, seems funny!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:20 AM
gesundlich will become famous soon enoughgesundlich will become famous soon enough
Yes, the Pxxx codes are necessary and will tell you exactly what's wrong (well, at least it will hint at what's wrong...). If it's catalytic converter/post cat O2 sensor codes ONLY, than that's OK. If it's anything to do with the MAF/lean/rich/misfire/etc., more involved diagnostics will be necessary.

Make sure you do a proper boost leak test before shopping for a tune. These cars are notorious for boost leaks (due to a combination of age and the ridiculous number of vacuum lines and check valves). Your tuner will thank you for it!

Might want to do plugs/coils and check the other common 996TT failure points (like the cam solenoid bracket) if they haven't been done recently.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Sorry, but there is definitely some great humor here....."just got my license back after suspension....need moh powah!"

Sorry to the OP, seems funny!
Hahaha you do have a point, I shouldn't really be adding more power... but I am!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 AM
stephencs601 is on a distinguished road
Softronics, call scott

Old 03-28-2014, 04:25 AM
vshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to behold
Markski from 911Tuning... One of the best to do your tune

If you have problems he is always available to help you.....

Old 03-28-2014, 04:54 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Only code typically thrown by an exhaust is from O2 sensors and having no cats. I'd be having the car scanned and post the code that will help, lots of knowledge on these forums.

Any of the vendors on the board will be able to help you, some great ones already mentioned. I would, however, be fixing everything first before adding to your troubles

Old 03-28-2014, 05:41 AM
LSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud ofLSACadzilla has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vshugo996
Markski from 911Tuning... One of the best to do your tune

If you have problems he is always available to help you.....

+1 million

Old 03-28-2014, 06:02 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
911tuning.com!!!

Old 03-30-2014, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by stephencs601
Softronics, call scott
I've heard good things about these guys, and they were up the top of my list. Well priced, good feedback, and I don't have to worry about sending my ECU anywhere.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:02 AM
Thanks everyone for their feedback, these are the errors I'm getting: https://i.imgur.com/8wjv2Um.png

2 of them appear likely to be related to exhaust/headers (although would like to hear what others here say), and the 3rd one not quite sure about. Do these look serious and should I be waiting to do the upgrade before these are all fixed?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:20 AM
fairbird has a spectacular aura aboutfairbird has a spectacular aura about
Markski ! awesome experience!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best ECU Tune for 996TT