996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need help for Forge DV and lost of pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Clyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to all
Here are some news from my car, not always good...

First of all I ordered 2 spring kits for my Forge DV. Yes, indeed, the green ones are for originale boost pressure and it was told to me, by many pro, that the good solution for me is to put yellow spring with the alumin plate.

So...

Order is made...

Waitin'...

We get impatient ...

And finally get the new parts...

"Get outta this Valve you dirty green spring!", "Got to hell" I said to it right in the eyes.

After 50 hours od dismaintling, about 12 liters of blood lost an some kilo of flesh less, we are finally able to put the plate...

and the spring!

Put it back together

And go ride for the test...

And then....

Nothing, always the same problem. I despair...

But I keep on searching...
I decide to remove my rear bumper to check horses and intercoolers from turbo to plenum.

Ha! Okay, I understand now...

YYYEEEESSSSSSSSS! ENFIN! So that was the problem?!?

The hose is simply out of the outlet of the right intercooler

And to the inlet side, it's not better at all...

We can see the air way on the hose...

let's go again, I put it all together the good way.

And test!

The car rides a little bit better, I don't really remind how it was before, but I still ain't got the feeling to have 100 hp more... However, at last, I can have 1.1 b of pressure.

Now that the pressure seems to be okay, I take a appointment for the dyno test...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6136.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	377321   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6240.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	377322   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6241.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	377323   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6242.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	377324   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6239.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	377325  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6243.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	377326   Click image for larger version

Name:	d6ad3a46-7899-497f-a969-6b97db6f6373.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	377327  

Last edited by Clyde Barrow; 05-21-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Like I always say : before you start throwing parts at it do a pressure test.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Clyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to allClyde Barrow is a name known to all
[quote="Clyde Barrow"]

Back from dyno test...
It comes as a blow, but not really surprised...

462 ch only, et 684 Nm...

Okay I had the "not all new" OEM air filter. But, anyway, at least 50 cv are missing! :P

The Lambda is good. The air/essence mixture seems ok.
The guy told me that the boost pressure went to more than 1.1b, but came down to 0.9, what is a lot for him.
However, if I compar to the FVD curve, I can see that power is missing all along the curve from 2000 to 7000 rd/min

Would anybody have an idea of what could make this? ...

I wrote a mail to FVD last wekk, but I still got no answer.

Name:	78f87c69-8371-45ef-8f92-aaa2f22cb31d.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	377331   Click image for larger version

Name:	ac24070f-c8b5-4888-96ee-64fb266a3412.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	377332   Click image for larger version

Name:	996turbo_Page_1.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	377333  
Old 05-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Like I always say : before you start throwing parts at it do a pressure test.
I'm okay with you, but anyway, my Boschs DV were really dead, and the green springs were not strong enough, so I don't have any regret on this point.
I change when I'm sure it's to change.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-22-2014, 12:37 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
So, let me get this straight: You have yet to do a proper leak test after being suggested to to do so many times in previous posts, then you spend time/money on a dyno session, and are surprised by lackluster results??? Am I tracking correctly?

Old 05-22-2014, 06:36 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
the first place to check for a leak or popped hose is where they connect to the i/c's

they should have put that info in the owners manual, its so common

Old 05-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Reading your answers let me think I've been misunderstood.

-I had a boost pressure problem.
-I only had 0.8b max. as stock.
-I found the problem, it was, as shown on pictures, a problem with the 2 hoses "from" and "to" the intercoolers.
-I have solved the problem.
-The max boost pressure was good. 1.1b. There was no boost pressure problem anymore for me.

-SO I made a dyno test to control my power gain.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:33 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Clyde, I don't think you are misunderstood. But, I'm not understanding why a proper leak test has not been done.

"The car rides a little bit better, I don't really remind how it was before, but I still ain't got the feeling to have 100 hp more... However, at last, I can have 1.1 b of pressure...Okay I had the "not all new" OEM air filter. But, anyway, at least 50 cv are missing!"

I'm willing to bet you still have a leak somewhere! A proper leak test is quick, easy, and definitive! Also, from the looks of that inlet hose it has been dislodged for quite some time, sucking dirty, unmetered air into your motor. You may also consider changing to the updated (green) IC hose gaskets for proper seal.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by ASLAN
Clyde, I don't think you are misunderstood. But, I'm not understanding why a proper leak test has not been done.

"The car rides a little bit better, I don't really remind how it was before, but I still ain't got the feeling to have 100 hp more... However, at last, I can have 1.1 b of pressure...Okay I had the "not all new" OEM air filter. But, anyway, at least 50 cv are missing!"

I'm willing to bet you still have a leak somewhere! A proper leak test is quick, easy, and definitive! Also, from the looks of that inlet hose it has been dislodged for quite some time, sucking dirty, unmetered air into your motor. You may also consider changing to the updated (green) IC hose gaskets for proper seal.

Well, actually I was unsettling each part from the turbo to the Y pipe to test them all (that's the only way I know to find a pressure leak) when I saw the problem with the 2 hoses "from" and "to" the right intercooler. So, to me, it was THE problem.
When I replaced them the good way and tried the car, getting at last 1.1b, I thought that my problem was solved. That is why I went to the dyno test.

But the test let me think that there is still a problem.

Do you think that the good boost pressure for a stage 2 (510 hp) would be still higher than 1.1b? FVD never answered my question about this point...

If yes, do you really think that, only my used seals, could make me lose 50cv?

I'm gonna change them all, that won't be a bad thing anymay, you're right.

However, I'm surprised to see that when I compare the stock power's curve from the Porsche official book (drove with a blue pen on the picture) to my power's curves from the dyno, I'm less powerfull untill 3000 round per minute.
Doesn't it sound wrong with a pressure problem, knowing that the boost pressure really matters from 2700 rd/min?

I was thinking about, maybe, an ignition problem... What do you think about that?

Name:	DSC_6395.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	381277  
Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
You would be running a max of 1.4 bar with a stage 2.
Did you purchase the software from Pierre or someone else at FVD Germany. Just let me know and I will have them contact you directly.
Thanks!
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Thumbs up

Hello Rhonda, thank you for your answer.

I can reach 1.3/1.4b but only when I loudly accelerate in the last speeds (3rd, 4th ou more) from very low round per minute. By example if I do full gaz on 6th at low speed as 60 km/h.

If I simply accelerate every gearbox ratio one by one to 7000rd/min with full gaz (as for a run or race condition), I only reach 1.1b and come back to 0.9/1b in the very last range (from about 6000 rd/min)

Have I got to take the first example to compare my max boost pressure to your answer, or the second?

Actually I first purchased with Pierre, but (after a mail with yourself ) Emir did the "tune work". I mailed and phoned a lot with him because I've had some problems with my "my genius" download. A problem due to voltage too low from my car, and the "mygenius" wrote that the download failed, with an error code on the screen of it.
So he took the time to listen to me and help me, then he sent to me the link to make the dowload from my computer to the car, without the "mygenius".
The problem is that, now, even if I got the "mygenius", I can't download back my stock file, maybe because it is in "recovery" mode.
I uploaded the Mygenius with the Dimsport website, but when I try to put the stock file, it tells me that the file is not recognized or valid.
I would have liked to try the car on dyno, on stock mode.
Thank you for your help.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Clyde Barrow
Actually I first purchased with Pierre, but (after a mail with yourself ) Emir did the "tune work". I mailed and phoned a lot with him because I've had some problems with my "my genius" download. A problem due to voltage too low from my car, and the "mygenius" wrote that the download failed, with an error code on the screen of it.
So he took the time to listen to me and help me, then he sent to me the link to make the dowload from my computer to the car, without the "mygenius".
The problem is that, now, even if I got the "mygenius", I can't download back my stock file, maybe because it is in "recovery" mode.
I uploaded the Mygenius with the Dimsport website, but when I try to put the stock file, it tells me that the file is not recognized or valid.
I would have liked to try the car on dyno, on stock mode.
Thank you for your help.
Hi, did you ever resolve this?

I have MyGenius and also have same error (0x3310)-change of speed not possible, which relates to voltage too high apparently. MyGenius then went into tune upload attempt again and had error: (0x2101)-file incompatible with the ECU.
Now the tool is stuck in 'Recovery' mode, car starts and drives ok.
Contacted Emir@fvd but his response was brief and more panic inducing:

"If flashing process is interrupted, DME will be damaged and car will not start.
Only way to get it to work is to make recovery successful or to send DME for re flashing to Germany."

Not exactly helpful, no info on error codes and what to do. Obviously it's the weekend so can't get an answer from FVD.

Rhonda, FVD, care to comment?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If your car starts that means it never started the write otherwise you would not start the car.
If you can't recover by going thru the process then you have to get the unit unlocked by the company , do another read, and write the tune.
I'm guessing your car was not previously flashed.
Either you did something wrong during the attempt(possibly preciously tuned Ecu with the wrong hardware or software slammed ) or the file is encoded wrong.
Hope you get proper help. Option 2 is get a another flasher and have the company stay on phone when your doing it. That way you can't make the mistake.
Good luck
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick response.

I tried recovery today and no luck, the software tool says ECU communication but then goes back to same error:
(0x2101)-file incompatible with the ECU
I then tried the tool 'reset' option but get the message that it's not possible whilst still in recovery mode.

Looks like I need to speak directly with FVD on monday...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help for Forge DV and lost of pressure