996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need Cayenne sales info, how much discount for a new 04 to expect and..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 10:55 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Need Cayenne sales info, how much discount for a new 04 to expect and..

how much should a 2004 original list was $63k, with 5000 miles sell for. What is a good price on the used and what is the best available on the new? Also, what do you guys think are must have options and which can be skipped. Thanks for your input.

-Lou

Old 11-11-2003, 01:46 AM
Banned
sticky is on a distinguished road
List was 71k on mine, picked it up for 64k. Walked out of the dealership and got in the car to go home and the salesman came out and told me the general manager agreed. They play their games, you have to play yours.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:30 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone else? What can I expect to get off list on new and what should be paid for an 04 with 5000 miles?

-Lou

Old 11-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Must have for a S.. include, PCM.. Air Suspension, Bi Xenons, Electric Comfort Package, (so you don't have to slam rear trunk)

I went crazy on my options.. But I love them all!!
Electric Comfort Package
Non Smoker
Sports Aluminum Package
Moonroof
PCM w/ Compass
Fire Extinguisher
Bi-Xenons
Park Assist
Smooth Leather Interior
All Seat Heaters including Steering Wheel
Sport Seats w/Memory
Variable Assist Power
Air Suspension
Trailer Hitch
Drive & Entry
6 Disc Changer

A new one you should get at least $5k off depending on your total price.. $2k over invoice is good.. For a used 04, I wouldn't pay more then invoice for it.. Check KBB.com for invoice prices with options

Old 11-11-2003, 12:03 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Manheim Auction data:

2004 Porsche Cayenne S with average 4500 miles average price:
$52,600.00

Old 11-11-2003, 07:56 PM
LSM
Thanks guys, that really helps. Is the air suspension absolutely necessary? It is a large dollar option, does it bring back anything in trade? Can't you manually adjust the ride height as opposed to the air suspension option. Below is which options I was think of:

Optional
Bi-Xenon Headlamp w/washers
$1,240
Moonroof
$1,100
Front Seat Heater Including Steering Wheel
$480
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
$2,780
Compass Display
$80
Exterior Color
Black
$0
Interior Color
Black Embossed Leather
$0

$62,580.00 MSRP
$55,580.00 Selling price

Also, my alternative, but, obviously not the same type of car is a 2001 CL500 sport. I was going to put snow tires on it and drive that through winter and perhaps keep it or maybe sell in 5 months. With either the Cayenne or CL, I am going to the auction and buy wholesale, and then if it works out, drive it all winter and sell in the spring for little loss (I hope) The CL wholesales for about $58k and looks stunning imo, and seems to retail a good $12k over wholesale. As Buddy mentioned above, the Cayenne for like $52,500.00 Although, I guess I could be a new Cayenne with MSRP of $62k for about $55k. The Cayenne was never considered until I got it as a loaner when my car was in for service. It is a great vehicle and I was a big opponenet of it until I have had it for an extended period. What should I do. Oh, forgot to add, I live with my gf who has an X5 4.4 sport, so I do not necessarily need a truck, just looking at best for the money with least loss potential with still some wow factor between $50-60k

Thanks guys

-Lou

Old 11-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
LSM, my opinion on the Air Suspension with the S, that will be the selling point when you dump it, because there are lots of S's without air. If your GF's X5 has the sport suspension like mine did, the Cayenne is so much smoother its unreal, and I have 22's so with normal size rims it would be even smoother, its well worth the $3k... just negotiate a good deal and you will be happy!

Old 11-12-2003, 10:01 AM
LSM
Yes, my gf X5 has the sport suspension and 19's. It's funny my loaner Cayenne, (without air suspension) seems much rougher than the X5. Which is ok, by me. Her X5 feels almost identical to the Cayenne, if not slightly quicker. I do not want an X5 because she lives with me and do not want 2 of the same car. Although, the new X5 has the 745 engine now so it probably is a ton quicker. Anyway, like I said above, I want a car I can drive for 4-6 months, minimize losses on resale, have some "wow" factor, and enjoy my down time from my turbo. Again, I have narrowed the search to 2001 CL 500 sport, Cayenne, or anything else you guys can suggest. I know this topic has been beat to death, but, I wasnt to know what "the experts" think about my unique situation.

-Lou