996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Yesterday was a good day...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 04:27 PM
ExTex50 is on a distinguished road
Yesterday was a good day...

After having the car for over a year, I finally got around to getting the PSS9's and having them installed, along with 19" HRE 542R wheels and tires and a Gemballa exhaust. It's like having a new car all over again.

Ride height is now down to where it should have been at first. The car corners much flatter than before and the freeway ride is more comfortable. Hard to beat a win-win combo.

The exhaust sounds great to me. Bit of a burble at start-up, but no resonance in the cabin at any speed. Much better sound at WOT than the stock X50 exhaust.

Special thanks go out to Kevin for working a deal with me on all the parts from his "organ donor" car coming off lease.

Also a big thanks to Alex and James at SharkWerks who did all the werk. You guys are great. I highly recommend the place to anyone, they treat the car as if it's their own. Alex, next visit will be for the Stage 2 flash, I swear.

Mark

Old 09-24-2005, 04:34 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful Turbo, wheels look great on the car, ride height is perfect, and that lip in the back is mighty nice. Anymore plans for the future? Man o man I can not wait till I can afford a turbo.

-Markus-

Old 09-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Mark,

You car is absolutely stunning.

How much of a drop did you do? Are you at GT2 spec?

Old 09-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
What a stunning Turbo....awesome wheels man.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
the hre's look great

Old 09-24-2005, 05:20 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Those wheels are one of my favs. Looks great.

Old 09-24-2005, 05:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Re: Yesterday was a good day...

Originally posted by ExTex50
After having the car for over a year, I finally got around to getting the PSS9's and having them installed, along with 19" HRE 542R wheels and tires and a Gemballa exhaust. It's like having a new car all over again.

Ride height is now down to where it should have been at first. The car corners much flatter than before and the freeway ride is more comfortable. Hard to beat a win-win combo.

The exhaust sounds great to me. Bit of a burble at start-up, but no resonance in the cabin at any speed. Much better sound at WOT than the stock X50 exhaust.

Special thanks go out to Kevin for working a deal with me on all the parts from his "organ donor" car coming off lease.

Also a big thanks to Alex and James at SharkWerks who did all the werk. You guys are great. I highly recommend the place to anyone, they treat the car as if it's their own. Alex, next visit will be for the Stage 2 flash, I swear.

Mark
Heya Mark,

It's always a pleasure to make these things just a 'lil' better Especially black ones... Those wheels looks superb on black and after that alignment dials the car in more you're going to enjoy cornerning! I've often heard people say that adding PSS9s to a TT is the best mod ever.

The exhaust is an interesting design and seems to follow closely to EVO/MillTek and Cargraphic. I'm not sure who Gemballa Contrated to do it but it certainly doesn't have annoying resonance, which is a big big plus!

PS On the flash... now that you have an exhaust it's going to be night and day. Much fun to come!

Old 09-24-2005, 05:53 PM
ExTex50 is on a distinguished road
TechArtDreamer - I think the GIAC Stage 2 flash will be the next mod. Spending time on this board is getting expensive. It all starts with the clear side markers...

Divexxtreme - I think it's about GT2 height now, maybe just a bit higher. It's about as low as you can go with the PSS9's without getting into the bump stops. It now scrapes going into and out of my driveway, but I don't care. I like the way it looks.

Eric - Thanks, you can see I already have the bumper plugs and the keyhole cover. I think that was my second mod. Definitely a necessity.

Mark

Old 09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Mark,
Car looks amazing! Glad to see my previous mods will be put to good use. Enjoy!!!

Kevin

Old 09-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
nice choice! Those just might be the nicest wheels!

Old 09-29-2005, 05:55 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Very nice indeed. The PSS9 is a great mod and those are some hot HRE's. No offense, but I'd get rid of the sticker in the window. It lessens the look, IMO.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:38 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
I've said it once and I'll say it again...the nicest looking wheels on the market, great choice!

Old 09-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, add a GT2 wing and that's pretty much my ideal 996TT.

Well done...

-m

Old 09-29-2005, 06:41 AM
turbo77 is on a distinguished road
I love those wheels, great look..

Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Great looking car nice and clean...keep it that way

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yesterday was a good day...