996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need Referral for Traffic Lawyer in LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Need Referral for Traffic Lawyer in LA

I got a ticket for no front plate and forgot about it.

Now my license is suspended and the fine is $626.

I don't have time to go to court for this and waste half a day.

This happened in Westwood. Court is at 1633 Purdue Av., Los Angeles.

Anyone know a lawyer I should contact to handle this for me?

Thanks,

Oliver

Old 10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Wow, that's unfortunate. Sounds a bit harsh for a no front plate fix-it ticket. Fine is high enough but license suspension is over the top.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Oliver,
The minimum a lawyer will charge is about 1k. Dont know if it's worth it or not but I'll send you a PM with a good contact.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:20 AM
dgussin1 will become famous soon enough
stan the radar man

Old 10-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Beavis is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 2thfixr
Wow, that's unfortunate. Sounds a bit harsh for a no front plate fix-it ticket. Fine is high enough but license suspension is over the top.
Fine and suspension are the result of the FTA on the fix-it violation.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Re: Need Referral for Traffic Lawyer in LA

Originally posted by BlackBear
I got a ticket for no front plate and forgot about it.

Now my license is suspended and the fine is $626.

I don't have time to go to court for this and waste half a day.

This happened in Westwood. Court is at 1633 Purdue Av., Los Angeles.

Anyone know a lawyer I should contact to handle this for me?

Thanks,

Oliver
Hi Oliver,

With all due respect, sometimes you have to stop whatever you are doing and handle personal matters.

I really don't mean to preach to you, but I have been in your shoes and it made a mess of my driving record for quite some time. Here's the story: About 15 years ago, I didn't have the $$$ to to pay my registration when I could have done it by mail. By the time I had the $$$ to pay the reg, I had to go to the DMV directly as it was too late to do it by mail. Like you, I was too busy with my job to take an hour or so in the midle of a weekday to go.

From there, I just let it go for awhile. Finally, while my car was parked in the parking lot at my office, I got a reg ticket. Yep, I wasnt even driving the car and still got a ticket in a private parking lot!

It gets worse:

I then did not take the time to go to the DMV and register the car, nor appear on the reg ticket because I "didn't have the time" plus had not registered the car yet. So, the reg ticket when to an FTA and eventually my DL got suspended.

I drove with expired tags and a suspended license for a few months until one night I got pulled over and got a suspended license ticket. Fortunately, I was near my home and the police let me drive the car the remaining few blocks home and did not tow my car.

I thought I was smart and put a set of dealer "paper plates" on my car in place of my plates. Since my car was immaculate and still the latest body style, it passed as a "new" car to unsuspecting law enforcement. About 3-4 months later, I had the same policeman see the car in the company parking lot and he figured out my scam. He waited for me to leave my job that night and wrote me for driving on a suspended license (again) and expired reg. He didnt tow the car because fortunately my girlfriend was in the car and drove it home.

From there, I thought I was smart and parked the car in a lot about 3 blocks away as it was across city limits and walked to my job from there. I ended up getting transferred to another office in San Diego and one night while driving home I got stopped near Carlsbad. Car got towed andI had to take a taxi home.

The next day I got the car out of the towing lot (don't ask how I did it without a license) and finally decided to get my shizit straight.

The final score was 4 reg tickets, 3 Driving on a suspended license tickets, 7 total FTA's. Fines exceeded $7000.00 and my insurance premiums sucked for the next 3 years. Add in towing costs, lost time from work (I had to go to 3 different courthouses) to confront the issue. All because I didn;t think I had the time to go to DMV or court and my job was "more important"

Since learning the hard way, I have only gotten one ticket in the last 10 years for a 0 point fix-it violation. You can bet I went to the courthouse and handled it ASAP. Thank god for on-line registration with DMV, as I now get the reg renewal in the mail ad don;t even put it with the bills anymore. I stop what I am doing, go straight for the computer and pay it. (My 911 had renewal in November and I paid it in August!)

So again, not to preach as if I am your dad, but more from a standpoint of a friend whose been there before and would hate to see another guy go down the same spiral.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Need Referral for Traffic Lawyer in LA

Originally posted by Beavis
Hi Oliver,

With all due respect, sometimes you have to stop whatever you are doing and handle personal matters.

I really don't mean to preach to you, but I have been in your shoes and it made a mess of my driving record for quite some time. Here's the story: About 15 years ago, I didn't have the $$$ to to pay my registration when I could have done it by mail. By the time I had the $$$ to pay the reg, I had to go to the DMV directly as it was too late to do it by mail. Like you, I was too busy with my job to take an hour or so in the midle of a weekday to go.

From there, I just let it go for awhile. Finally, while my car was parked in the parking lot at my office, I got a reg ticket. Yep, I wasnt even driving the car and still got a ticket in a private parking lot!

It gets worse:

I then did not take the time to go to the DMV and register the car, nor appear on the reg ticket because I "didn't have the time" plus had not registered the car yet. So, the reg ticket when to an FTA and eventually my DL got suspended.

I drove with expired tags and a suspended license for a few months until one night I got pulled over and got a suspended license ticket. Fortunately, I was near my home and the police let me drive the car the remaining few blocks home and did not tow my car.

I thought I was smart and put a set of dealer "paper plates" on my car in place of my plates. Since my car was immaculate and still the latest body style, it passed as a "new" car to unsuspecting law enforcement. About 3-4 months later, I had the same policeman see the car in the company parking lot and he figured out my scam. He waited for me to leave my job that night and wrote me for driving on a suspended license (again) and expired reg. He didnt tow the car because fortunately my girlfriend was in the car and drove it home.

From there, I thought I was smart and parked the car in a lot about 3 blocks away as it was across city limits and walked to my job from there. I ended up getting transferred to another office in San Diego and one night while driving home I got stopped near Carlsbad. Car got towed andI had to take a taxi home.

The next day I got the car out of the towing lot (don't ask how I did it without a license) and finally decided to get my shizit straight.

The final score was 4 reg tickets, 3 Driving on a suspended license tickets, 7 total FTA's. Fines exceeded $7000.00 and my insurance premiums sucked for the next 3 years. Add in towing costs, lost time from work (I had to go to 3 different courthouses) to confront the issue. All because I didn;t think I had the time to go to DMV or court and my job was "more important"

Since learning the hard way, I have only gotten one ticket in the last 10 years for a 0 point fix-it violation. You can bet I went to the courthouse and handled it ASAP. Thank god for on-line registration with DMV, as I now get the reg renewal in the mail ad don;t even put it with the bills anymore. I stop what I am doing, go straight for the computer and pay it. (My 911 had renewal in November and I paid it in August!)

So again, not to preach as if I am your dad, but more from a standpoint of a friend whose been there before and would hate to see another guy go down the same spiral.
Sounds like you went through hell. Thank you for sharing your experience.

After reading about your experience I went to the court's website and set a court date for the 20th. Hope the judge will be reasonable.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned
PA001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Need Referral for Traffic Lawyer in LA

Originally posted by Beavis
Hi Oliver,

It gets worse:

DAMN

Old 10-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Re: Re: Re: Need Referral for Traffic Lawyer in LA

Sounds like you went through hell. Thank you for sharing your experience.
It was hell, but just part of other stuff I went through at the time. Not an easy time in my life for sure. However, it was all self-inflicted and I really couldn't blame anyone but myself.

After reading about your experience I went to the court's website and set a court date for the 20th.
Isn't the Internet great? If it had been around back then, it would have saved me time, for sure. I'm glad telling my story helped you out. I'd love to tell you it wasn't true or "Ha ha, just kidding" but it is true. In fact I left out details, like the time I got stopped in Carlsbad by CHP and had to take the taxi home was at about midnight and I didn't get home until after 3am.

Hope the judge will be reasonable.
Have no worries. Your'e not in it any deeper than I was, that's for sure. Believe me, there there will be bigger f-up's in the courtroom than you can imagine and you will alomst find the experience entertaining. In the end, you'll walk out feeling better having confronted the issue and handling it. Looking back, I wish I had done so and nipped my situation in the bud before it got so out of hand.