996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dodgy braking...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 12:17 PM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
Dodgy braking...

I debated whether or not to even post since people shared their opinions.

Let's just say at high rates of speed, I encountered some swaying type feelings under hard braking. It did not feel as though one caliper seized up necessarily, but a quick shift of the weight of the car.

You know if you're making your kids laugh through the neighborhood when you swing the steering wheels from side to side and the car (not just a porsche) bounces from side to side.

Here is my set-up...I have Bilstein PSS9 FVD specs, with about 35k miles, they are on a pretty soft setting but cant remember which number.

I have older Brembo 355/345 set-up. Front calipers are 4 piston, I think they are the older f40 type calipers.

my front wheels are 18x9 245/40 tires but I am running a 7mm spacer. offset was 52, now it is 45.

I notice at lower speeds some shimy in the wheel under breaking. Sort of like warped rotors but a little different as I only feel it under hard breaking. I thought maybe its a spacer problem, but I've had that happen before these spacers too.

with the wider front tires, obviously the car will track with the road a bit more too.

I don't notice it consistently pulling to one side either..

Are there any common areas here that would indicate what's wrong?

Thoughts? Let's just say at higher speeds...it can scare you.