996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2002 996 tt possibilitys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 PM
mjgfisher is on a distinguished road
2002 996 tt possibilitys

Hello im looking at buy car with these moods K24 TURBOS - GIAC ECU TUNE(1.2 bar tp 1.6 ) - FABSPEED CATS AND EXHAUST - BILSTEIN Coilovers - DIVERTER VALVES - HOSES - INTAKE - ETC What kind of hp will it make and is there any easy hp gaining mods for this car at this stage! Its suppose to making around 540 hp ,im wondering what 650 will take? Also being setup with awd and auto trains is it safe to go up to 650, with damage ,should a knock sensor be added? :eek : mjg

Old 10-09-2014, 09:20 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mjgfisher
Hello im looking at buy car with these moods K24 TURBOS - GIAC ECU TUNE(1.2 bar tp 1.6 ) - FABSPEED CATS AND EXHAUST - BILSTEIN Coilovers - DIVERTER VALVES - HOSES - INTAKE - ETC What kind of hp will it make and is there any easy hp gaining mods for this car at this stage! Its suppose to making around 540 hp ,im wondering what 650 will take? Also being setup with awd and auto trains is it safe to go up to 650, with damage ,should a knock sensor be added? :eek : mjg
You need some punctuation and new lines in that block of text!

I think you're right on the money with those mods making 540 crank.

The tiptronic (Auto) trans will handle 650crannk no problem. To get there you would need to send the k24 in to be rebuild with an 18g billet wheel. I recommend 911tuning.com for this.

For 650 crank you would need to do the following mods at MINIMUM:

- Hybrid k24 turbos (k24/18g billet) or go up to a tial turbo like the A28 (A28 is more expensive but a better turbo in general)
- Bigger intercoolers, I recommend the gt2rs factory intercoolers.
- Retune from a reputable tuner. Read some threads about tuners.
- Injectors. I think Markski/911tuning only tunes for the 60/72lb injectors, but the 80lb injectors are great too. Mine Idle perfectly.

Good luck!

Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I do , i need a few other things as well ,no kidding lol ! Thanks for the reply ,if the k24 are bolt on and mods, id think they would have modded compressors... possible already ,unless these are stock Ts. What is the stock turbos used ,if the car is capable of running at 1.2-1.6 bar than something would of been modded, possible coolers and other suff ,Y/N ? The guy who is selling car said mods are done by redline/evoutiom motorsport ! TabooPc so are you saying giac is not at top of your plan of attack of the ecu, not who u would use ?. If i get this car i would like to some up to the abilities as Todd at Promotive Engineering or possiblly Jay Richardson of the old RPM in Fl. Daytona area! The only prob. is no dyno, i would think with the internet these days it could be tuned remotely via computer, online. So if anyone can read what i cant ,with reguards to the listed mods ,is the thought of TabooPc the easyiest way to pull 600+ hp out of this screamer or would you think the easy thing have all been done.? i read here or on another knowledge filled site that 700 hp was some what do able with out the intercooler being replaced and any internal work,example cam profiles, crank shafted knifed and head porting. ???s Like i say the guy selling it was all holidays and wont be back till Monday! Oh one more do they still use knock sensors on these new models ,back in the eightys the jb sensor was the one used by the guys in the know to retard the timing at any sign of trouble . It maybe built into the ecu managment system Thanks MJG Would stock injectors be able to supply enough fuel for the required quest?

Last edited by mjgfisher; 10-09-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: to add something
Old 10-10-2014, 07:39 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
I am at about 650 bhp with stock K24s but have

Wallbro intank FP for E85, ID 1000 injectors, AWE race exhaust, RWD conversion with Ohlins coilvers, upgraded clutch etc, pro tune with Eurodyne

You may get there with adding the injectors, new tune and intank FP, GIAC has a race gas tune as well so all those would get you there without the need for billets but you will then be borderline on IATS so I would then add ICs and at that stage what is another $2500 for 68mm HTA K24 billets

Old 10-10-2014, 07:40 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
BTW if you hit 1.6 bar that would probably mean you have the billets already or an aggressive race gas tune. At 1.3 bars max I hear my stock WG's popping so you may have aftermarket WGs already as well

Old 10-10-2014, 02:03 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wolfhedge
BTW if you hit 1.6 bar that would probably mean you have the billets already or an aggressive race gas tune. At 1.3 bars max I hear my stock WG's popping so you may have aftermarket WGs already as well
True... 1.6 bar on stock fueling would blow your engine... In fact, 1.6 bar even with great fueling would probably blow your engine. With race gas its possible. One tank of 91/92 and BOOM!

Old 10-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks guys for the knowledge and our responces ,would a knock senor not save it from Karboom! Id think i would leave it at 1.0.-.1.2 for saftey reasons, that seems like it would a lesson i would want to think about unless it can be forced without the risk of disturction!and it doesnt seem fesable ,or is there a safer way! jb knock sensor? thanks mjg

Old 10-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Im guessing on the modds !

If Redline did the mod than i would think that the Turbos have been modded and the intake is 3", now the ics are .or must of been done , because of the high boost possibilities ,unless the guy had a plane and endless fuel,and if evo /redline did this and 550 hp was reached than it just may has stock injectors and fuel pump. lots of if but butt butttts , what would this all cost to have the work done and ecu programed and dyno done and the parts as well? Is this car with 92 k on it and 30 k after the build worth 48k ,pending everything is right! Thanks MJg

Old 10-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
possibilitys

Old 10-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Steve B i agree lots ,I not to sure ,but this could be class as a higher end stage 2 mod. Is GIAC and is there engine control managment up grades top notch?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Our latest calibration for K24 turbos is making over 500 horsepower at 4 wheels. On larger turbos we see ~50whp more than this without any reliability issues whatsoever. You shouldn't ever see 1.6 bar of boost on K24s with our tuning. GIAC has been in tuning vehicles for more than 24 years and one of the first companies to even support K24 turbo chargers on the 996 models. If you purchase this car, you can load this update free of charge (your dealer might charge labor for their time).

Baseline is stock + hardware uprades. A true stock baseline would be much lower.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks Austin for you reply, great support !