996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Calling all PSS10 users!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 10:39 AM
OK51MON is on a distinguished road
Calling all PSS10 users!

A little help guys.

APPARENTLY (Another 996 Turb owner was telling me) , you can only lower the front suspension of this kit a maximum of 25mm (1 inch)

Can any one comment/ confirm on this?

I have a kit on order and want a really low stance. If it can't go lower than 25 it's going back!

Si

Last edited by OK51MON; 11-16-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:53 AM
The Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pork Hunt has a reputation beyond repute
It has a set range of adjustments for the coilovers to function properly, you could make it go lower I'm sure but it will ride like ****.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:16 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OK51MON
A little help guys.

APPARENTLY (Another 996 Turb owner was telling me) , you can only lower the front suspension of this kit a maximum of 25mm (1 inch)

Can any one comment/ confirm on this?

I have a kit on order and want a really low stance. If it can't go lower than 25 it's going back!

Si
PSS10 have a fairly limited lowering range. You can physically lower them more as many do but they will not work properly as you will be in the bump stops with limit shock travel. The PSS10 installation instructions are very explicit in the setting range, they specify an adjustment range of 10mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. The following is straight out of the PSS10 manual:

"The ground clearance in unladen state is reduced by the installation of special springs. It is the approximate equivalent of that of a partially laden stock vehicle. When the vehicle is loaded to the permissible axle loads the ground clearance does not change as compared to the stock vehicle. If spoilers, rear aprons and special exhaust systems are mounted, however, the reduced angle of slope must be noted (travelling on ramps etc.)"

If you want a cheap kit that will allow you to lower the car to GT2 specs, the non adjustable H&R coil over kit works very well. It has more shock travel and when set up as per the H&R installation instructions you will be right at GT2 height or even slightly below. If you want to go close to Cup height, you will need motorsport quality shocks like JRZ, Moton, MCS, etc. You will however need to change out a lot of suspension components at that point if you want to correct the inferior TT geometry. Looks is one thing, functionality is something else. Plan $7-10K for a proper suspension set up that will work optimally at very low ride heights.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 11-16-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I have PSS10's and am fairly low but not slammed. I am running 315's in the rear, no rubbing what so ever. The ride handling is definitely improved over stock but not any more harsh than stock.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Skin'nSkinnierADD-3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	407774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skin'nSkinnierADD-4.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	407775  
Old 11-17-2014, 09:35 AM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Confirmed, I am running PSS10 and have the fronts lower than the 1" spec. I wouldn't say the handling is bad, it's certainly still a huge improvement over stock. That said, it's not the ideal solution if you want to go really low.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
It's simply spring rates versus suspension travel.

The PSS10 has a fairly soft spring rate, so it needs more suspension travel before you get into the bump stops.

If you want a significantly lower ride height, you will need a stiffer spring rate, so it will reduce the need for suspension travel.

It's all a compromise.

I hate to see cars that are slammed when you know the spring rates are nowhere near aggressive enough to effectively run that ride height. This shows that the owner has no idea what they're doing.

Later, Steved