996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone pick up the Cobb Accessport for their 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 09:11 AM
ND996tt is on a distinguished road
Not wanting to jump in but I have to ask, are there no OTS maps available when you buy the Cobb AP? Is there only custom tuned maps? Kind of asking the same as others but if there is only custom tuned maps, then do we data log our car then send the tuner the info? I cannot bring my car to most places because of where I live. Or are the tunes just OTS tunes that are tweaked by each tuner to be shared with all cars? Just wondering the process of getting a custom tune remotely. And to change maps later, which tuners charge what prices for each retune?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:55 PM
hydra. is just really nicehydra. is just really nicehydra. is just really nicehydra. is just really nice
Also, will maf-less tuning be an option like it is with the 997.1 Accessport?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Jsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of light
Still wondering the same question, I was told the maps would be available soon a few weeks ago. No follow up on that as of yet.

Originally Posted by ND996tt
Not wanting to jump in but I have to ask, are there no OTS maps available when you buy the Cobb AP? Is there only custom tuned maps? Kind of asking the same as others but if there is only custom tuned maps, then do we data log our car then send the tuner the info? I cannot bring my car to most places because of where I live. Or are the tunes just OTS tunes that are tweaked by each tuner to be shared with all cars? Just wondering the process of getting a custom tune remotely. And to change maps later, which tuners charge what prices for each retune?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
A number of OTS maps come preloaded with every AP. From there onwards the tuning can be further customized to tailor and make the most out of your octane and mods.

Our custom tuning is 499, can be done with a car local or remote to us and carries unlimited map updates and lifetime support. Let me know if any questions at all.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 04-17-2015, 09:47 PM
Zeaux6504 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jsun
Hey guys, I was thinking of picking up the Cobb Accessport for my 01 TT but just wanted to get some feedback on those that have purchased them and wanted to know their thoughts. I came from the Subaru platform prior to getting into Porsche, and on my old Subaru I used the Cobb Accessport with great success and liked its "user friendly" interface and versatility. So I'm kinda debating on whether to go with Cobb since I'm familiar with it and its generic, or to go with tuners such as; EPL, Markski, undercover tuning etc. I'm aware that an actual "tuner" can reap better benefits since the tune will be car specific, and generated from logs, where Cobb is a off the shelf map.

So my questions are:
-If you have Cobb on your 996TT, what maps are currently available for it, ie stage 1/2 etc?
-Do you have any before (stock/with mods) and after (cobb/with mods)dyno values to share?
-Did you notice a significant change from the Cobb maps?
-Based on now owning Cobb, would you have preferred to have the car tuned by a tuner or the Cobb was more than sufficient?

Thanks guys.
Its like me hiring sheetrock guys to do plumbing work. Thats my construction analogy. Who knows... sheetrock guys can probably do a pretty decent plumbing job.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Jsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
A number of OTS maps come preloaded with every AP. From there onwards the tuning can be further customized to tailor and make the most out of your octane and mods.

Our custom tuning is 499, can be done with a car local or remote to us and carries unlimited map updates and lifetime support. Let me know if any questions at all.

Dzenno@PTF
Dzenno could you elaborate on which preloaded maps are on the AP, ie stage 1, 2 etc.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:14 AM
hydra. is just really nicehydra. is just really nicehydra. is just really nicehydra. is just really nice
Originally Posted by hydra.
Also, will maf-less tuning be an option like it is with the 997.1 Accessport?
bump for replies!

Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
MAF-less is in beta testing right now. We can get it loaded for you...The beauty of the AP is that we can log and tune pretty much whatever you need!

Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jsun
Dzenno could you elaborate on which preloaded maps are on the AP, ie stage 1, 2 etc.
Not sure how I missed this, sorry. The AP comes preloaded with Stage 1 and Stage 2 maps for ACN 91 (poor Arizona/Cali/Nevada 91, regular 91 and 93 octane) at this time.

In terms of MAF-less support its in the works.

Let me know if any other questions at all or if you guys are looking to get any custom tuning done.

Dzenno@PTF
dzenno@protuningfreaks.com

Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 AM
dkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond repute
<-- MAFLESS and Cobb tuned here.

I have to give credit where credit is due, i'm not using an OTS map, but a protune done locally (Dom with TurnIn Concepts). The car feels nearly stock drivability wise, with the exception of cold starts, though i'll credit the ID 1000s to that. Once it's warmed up it feels like you are driving a stock car, with a TON of power. It picked up 30whp on pump and over 60whp on e85 while reducing the tune from 1.4 bar down to 1.1-1.2. I'd like the thing to stick together for a while so not going for broke, plus it's plenty fast for me now.

If you guys have any real world questions let me know, though not sure how much help I can be as I've never seen one of the maps. I can tell you the gauges are nice to look at and monitor, and flashing between maps takes about ten seconds (then key off for 10 seconds, then key on).

Name:  IMG_0484_zps1xrv63tp.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  128.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0504_zpsdp8pw50g.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  125.1 KB

Old 04-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Good stuff dkfx! MAF-less support is still considered sort of a BETA feature on the 996 and its great to see its working well for you already.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:04 PM
dkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Good stuff dkfx! MAF-less support is still considered sort of a BETA feature on the 996 and its great to see its working well for you already.
I wouldn't be hesitant to recommend it to anyone who's leaning that route. I've heard it all up and down about how mafless kills drivability and its awful and this and that. This mafless tune drives better than any of my previous setups with a MAF and different tuners so go figure. I'm happy customer, it's my car, and that's all that matters to me.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dkfx
I wouldn't be hesitant to recommend it to anyone who's leaning that route. I've heard it all up and down about how mafless kills drivability and its awful and this and that. This mafless tune drives better than any of my previous setups with a MAF and different tuners so go figure. I'm happy customer, it's my car, and that's all that matters to me.
This is correct. We have a good amount of guys running the mafless setup now.

Glad the car is going well dkfx! You have been very great to work with!

If anyone needs anything at all let me know!

Mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 06-08-2015, 06:45 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dkfx
<-- MAFLESS and Cobb tuned here.

I have to give credit where credit is due, i'm not using an OTS map, but a protune done locally (Dom with TurnIn Concepts). The car feels nearly stock drivability wise, with the exception of cold starts, though i'll credit the ID 1000s to that. Once it's warmed up it feels like you are driving a stock car, with a TON of power. It picked up 30whp on pump and over 60whp on e85 while reducing the tune from 1.4 bar down to 1.1-1.2. I'd like the thing to stick together for a while so not going for broke, plus it's plenty fast for me now.

If you guys have any real world questions let me know, though not sure how much help I can be as I've never seen one of the maps. I can tell you the gauges are nice to look at and monitor, and flashing between maps takes about ten seconds (then key off for 10 seconds, then key on).

What Turbo's? Supporting Mods? WHP?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been reading and researching options for the 996 turbo I just bought. I just ordered an accesport (love them, I came from the sti world before this).
I'd like to go mafless or blow through and clean up the intake and intercooler system this fall and winter. Engine will be pulled to weld the coolant fittings and replace clutch and add an lsd. Figured it was a good time to do it all.

How the the tuning coming for this? Is a blow through a better idea on these compared to a mafless do to the maf sensor location and true speed density is not possible?

Let me know. Fab work is easy for me so to make a new y pipe with fittings needed I just a saturday afternoon job.
Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone pick up the Cobb Accessport for their 996TT?