996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone pick up the Cobb Accessport for their 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Jsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Anyone pick up the Cobb Accessport for their 996TT?

Hey guys, I was thinking of picking up the Cobb Accessport for my 01 TT but just wanted to get some feedback on those that have purchased them and wanted to know their thoughts. I came from the Subaru platform prior to getting into Porsche, and on my old Subaru I used the Cobb Accessport with great success and liked its "user friendly" interface and versatility. So I'm kinda debating on whether to go with Cobb since I'm familiar with it and its generic, or to go with tuners such as; EPL, Markski, undercover tuning etc. I'm aware that an actual "tuner" can reap better benefits since the tune will be car specific, and generated from logs, where Cobb is a off the shelf map.

So my questions are:
-If you have Cobb on your 996TT, what maps are currently available for it, ie stage 1/2 etc?
-Do you have any before (stock/with mods) and after (cobb/with mods)dyno values to share?
-Did you notice a significant change from the Cobb maps?
-Based on now owning Cobb, would you have preferred to have the car tuned by a tuner or the Cobb was more than sufficient?

Thanks guys.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:06 PM
mlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant future
I just ordered one from SamboTT and should have some impressions in a couple weeks once my k24/18gs are installed and then tuned by Mitch.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Ursoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to all
I'm curious about the Cobb as well.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Let us know if we can help. We are a Cobb dealer and protuner shop and offer remote tuning via the Accessport. We have sold a number of them so far and received great feedback.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Feel free to let us know if you have any questions for us!

Mitch

Old 04-03-2015, 04:30 AM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning

Mitch
As soon as you guys offer the Access Tuner Race for the 996- I'm all in on cobb. I'm tired of having tune after tune be wrong. I want to do my own tweaks!

Old 04-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Jsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of light

Mitch
Mitch,

What OTS maps are available for the 996TT platform as of right now? Stage 1, 2, etc?

Old 04-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jsun
Mitch,

What OTS maps are available for the 996TT platform as of right now? Stage 1, 2, etc?
Stage 1 and stage 2 Acn91, 91, 93 and 100 octane will be out in a few days.

Mitch

Old 04-04-2015, 09:42 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
with the handheld unit you purchase, you get the otc tunes correct? You can also pay additional to a tuner their tuning fee and get a more custom tune?

Old 04-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by geetee
with the handheld unit you purchase, you get the otc tunes correct? You can also pay additional to a tuner their tuning fee and get a more custom tune?

From my exp with Cobb for Subaru's which seems the same for all manufactures they support, the Access port from cobb is like your interface, you go on their website and download the map you need (free) unless the AP comes preloaded, and flash to your car, thus becomes "married" to your ecu. At this point you can either go to a cert, Cobb protuner and they can "tweak" the OTS map to more closely suit your specific car. If you are capable of doing the "tweaks" yourself they will eventually have the Access Tuner Race for you to do the tweaks.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:56 AM

Mitch

Mitch,
Do you have any map notes to release prior to the maps release? also any dyno testing you can post from stock to stage 1, stage 2?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Basic Sponsor

Here is our OTS stage 2 map on a car with an exhaust. Baseline was stock calibration in it, and the same exhaust.

We have map notes available for all of our maps. They should be on the site.

The OTS maps come on the AP. They are great for most people, but for people that have more complex setups then we have a wide range of protuners around the world that can help custom tune the car.

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 04-10-2015, 10:55 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
^^ Are those .9 or 1.0bar numbers?

Do you have the ability to disable the 02 sensor's so they don't throw the CEL's like the GIAC/EPL tunes can?

Old 04-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Great stuff! In stock...Let me know if I can help.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 04-11-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:07 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !

Mitch

I'm getting conflicting info. I was told by someone, at Cobb and Lawerence @ Undercover, yesterday, that no OTS tunes would be avaliable for the 996 because of too many known issues with individual cars. That Cobb wanted our platform to be tuned by authorized tuners on a dyno.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone pick up the Cobb Accessport for their 996TT?