996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Swapped! Kline 70 vs 76 mm Decat Exhaust (Videos)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:06 AM
mlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Swapped! Kline 70 vs 76 mm Decat Exhaust (Videos)

All I can say, which most on here already know, is that Sam's customer service is a cut above.

I originally purchased a Kline 70 mm decat unit from Sam to replace my FVD straightpipe setup but afer a couple weeks of driving around I realized I needed something a bit more aggressive sounding (videos below). I called Sam to share my impressions and concerns and without hesitation he offered to get a 76mm decat unit shipped off to my house the next day to swap - no questions asked. Talk about responsive! I told him he didn't need to do that but Sam insisted and went out of his way to make sure I was a happy camper and that his word/guarantee was for real. Sure enough the exhaust showed up a few days later and had it installed almost immediately.

Thought I'd share some back to back comparisons for you all in case you're on the fence on one of these systems and need some help deciding...

Thanks again to Sam for his ongoing support of my build, he's also helped me with a ton of other parts on the car and has provided great guidance along the way.

Sorry for the poor quality videos, I'll post more in the coming days.

1: Kline 70mm Decat Exhaust (Acceleration) - refined, controlled, GT3 like at WOT in high RPMs, no drone, more audible intake noise.

2. Kline 76mm Decat Exhuast - deep at low rpms, rawer noise, GT3 like at WOT in lower RPM range, louder, more turbo noise, slight drone b/t 2-3500 rpm

Last edited by mlife2878; 08-24-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:33 AM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !
Swapped! Kline 70 vs 76 mm Decat Exhaust (Videos)

I wasn't expecting to hear much of a difference between the 2 but your description of refined and raw are pretty accurate.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:36 AM
mlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant futuremlife2878 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jeanmarcboilard
I wasn't expecting to hear much of a difference between the 2 but your description of refined and raw are pretty accurate.

Yeah it's hard to tell in videos but there is a noticeable difference in sound and power. Not to mention the slash cut tips in the 76 give it a much more aggressive look. 👍

Old 08-25-2015, 03:26 PM
AdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant future
A very familiar sound! I love my Kline 3" catless. Very exotic sounding.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by AdamNoone
A very familiar sound! I love my Kline 3" catless. Very exotic sounding.
Yeah the noise is intoxicating. I've had a few exhausts now and by far my favorite thus far.

How's you car running with the latest round of mods?

Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers guys!

Eric you were really cool to deal with. I could tell you weren't 100% with the 70mm and I wanted to make sure we nailed it. Jeez maybe I'm getting old! I'm running the 2.5 with 100cel. It wakes up enough for me on boost.

Anything else you need let me know bud. And if anyone else is interested feel free to send me a note via email, p.m. or text/call. Always in stock

Old 08-26-2015, 07:02 PM
AdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mlife2878
Yeah the noise is intoxicating. I've had a few exhausts now and by far my favorite thus far.

How's you car running with the latest round of mods?
Its running very well. Just need to do some tinkering with the maps. Its been raining here, so I havent had a chance to get good logs to send back to Sam. All in all, I am completely satisfied with my mods.