996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is this exhaust any good? (Fabspeed Model)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 05:28 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this exhaust any good? (Fabspeed Model)

Found this on a local site and the price seems very good. Anyone have experience with this particular Fabspeed exhaust. From the picks it doesn't look like it has cats though.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-e...700/1097887515

Old 09-01-2015, 08:51 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NTIMD8
Found this on a local site and the price seems very good. Anyone have experience with this particular Fabspeed exhaust. From the picks it doesn't look like it has cats though.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-e...700/1097887515
If you like drone, yes it's great

Old 09-01-2015, 09:03 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Lol ...yeah I think that is one of their older versions from fabspeed. I believe they are built well but I think they are pretty well known for droning. I think current standards are pretty much some type of "X" configuration rather than separate units like this.

Maybe these plus a good exhaust shop and you could have something custom made up with an X? If these had been local to me before I purchased my exhaust I might have done something like that. Just throwing it out there.

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1

Old 09-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Evan5469 is on a distinguished road
I have an older Fabspeed version on my car like the one you've listed with 200 cell cats because I got it for cheap and I can't leave well enough alone. I honestly don't think the drone is that bad, but it is noticeably louder than the stock exhaust.

However, having said that, I've come from the Mustang world, where drone is pretty much accepted with every exhaust and you get used to not being able to talk to anyone in the car.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:19 AM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
OK, i figure if I got these I would still need ot buy cats to get the noise downa bit more so maybe not the great deal it looks to be. There is a Fabspeen Maxflo Ver3 with cats also for sale for $1500 which might be a better choice.

Thanks guys.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
I believe that exhaust has resonators and no cats. I have cats on my Fabspeed and they are significantly larger diameter than what's on that exhaust.

Later, Steve

Old 09-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Correct, that is an older version of our Maxflo mufflers with NO cats. We have since revised this system with different Maxflo mufflers or a Supersport 70mm X-Pipe.

OP I sent you a PM.

Maxflo Performance Exhaust System

Supersport 70mm X-Pipe Exhaust System

Old 09-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport

OP I sent you a PM.

Thanks. I will check it out.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Jlang is on a distinguished road
I'm running the original fabspeed generation 1 single canister exhaust with 100 cell cats. Yes... Drone is intense! You get used to it. Eventually it starts to grow on you. I'm happy with mine.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:36 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I pulled a similar droning system out of mine. People were refusing to ride with me and I was getting serious headaches on the highway. Getting used to it probably means losing your hearing, no thanks!

Old 09-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Yeah, my hearing has been shot to hell and back. Most likely from my time in the service. So if you'd like to retain what hearing you have left... Go with the newer exhaust systems out there on the market. Less drone and still good power gains to be had, by many of the manufacturers.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Oh, and one other thing I forgot. If this system doesn't come with the cats, I would recommend against it. Fabspeed doesn't make the cats for these older systems anymore. I found that out the hard way. Unless you have test pipes fabbed up to accommodate the V band style flange they use.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:34 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Honestly I'd give Unobtanium a hard look but ask for some small mufflers in the system. There's NO drone in his systems and even with zero mufflers mine is tolerable although my neighbors might disagree - WOT it's sportbike loud outside. With some small mufflers I have no doubt it would be awesome and I may ask him to upgrade mine this Winter. Not cheap however and he makes each one by hand so expect to wait.

If at all possible listen to a system you're considering in person since recordings don't do them justice.

The FabSpeed system above with an X-pipe looks the best of the systems posted in this thread but without hearing it in person I'd be leery. I have know people to go through as many as 4 systems trying to find one that didn't sound awful or drone - it's not easy on these cars.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Unobtainum welding makes insane exhaust systems!!! IMO probably the best out there! If you have the coin, that's the way to go. Just my 2 cents. It will definitely be my next setup.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1

A few years ago when I upgraded my exhaust I made sure that I got the Fabspeed designed for a cabriolet/tiptronic. I have virtually no drone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this exhaust any good? (Fabspeed Model)