996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Advice on modded 2004 TT purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:07 PM
gjpearce is on a distinguished road
Advice on modded 2004 TT purchase

As always, buying a new used toy is an adventure. I found a 2004 TT w/ 44000 miles modded to 630HP 2 hours away. I liked the silver color but the car is a cab (can you put a hardtop on top of the boot- mechanic said car is widebody and will not fit????) The car is located at the owner's repair shop. It has been there ever since a prospective buyer ordered a PPI- only issues were worn rear tires and leaking CV joints. Owner has some kind of bumper to bumper warranty transferable with sale- he pays 130/month and it lasts until 2/28/15. Warranty company is springing for new front axles!!!Can anyone guess how long that will take to come from Germany?? So I go to check the car out today. I get to shop and manager/mechanic complains about being very shorthanded. He just pulls the car out and hands me the keys TO 600HP. Did not even ask for ID or drivers license. I walk around the car and ask-"why is license plate a piece of paper that says expires 8/28/15?" So my test drive is no fun! I simply drive around the block. I cannot afford to have a hassle with the cops! The only cosmetic issue is the 12"x4" rubber that hangs vertically on each door sill is shredded.
Naturally I need a PPI from my mechanic. he is concerned the mods were done correctly. I will ask owner to complete repairs or discount accordingly and the have car delivered to my mechanic with a valid temp tag so he can do the PPI and test drive......or should I walk?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
no way to tell you anything without mod list who did the mods when were they done who tuned it etc etc. pics and vin# also help

axles from germany will take 4 to 6 weeks

Old 10-14-2015, 08:12 PM
yes my mechanic is running the VIN thru Protomotive- he is waiting for a reply

Old 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
i say walk, not to be a dick, Leaking CV? you just replace boots. you do not need new axles. everything is shady about this car, trust me, get a car that fits you, and you said you dont like the CAB. wait, look around get the car pretty much stock and go from there.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Owner has some kind of warranty- they ok'd axle replacement- hence 6-8 week wait at repair shop for delivery from Germany- i guess by boat???? I am surprised that shop allows him to leave car there.....whenever I ask owner about car details, he refers me to Bob the shop owner. Bob did the PPI for a prospective buyer......my regular mechanic is 20 minutes away. He has already contacted Protomotive, as he knows the fellow. They have a record of the ECU flash with the anticipation of hybrid turbo installation, not after turbo installation. So I guess that will need to be addressed. I have great trust in my mechanic and he has my permission to do whatever it takes to do a thorough PPI and test drive. Owner's problem is to get plates on car and get car to my shop. The car is 2004 w/44K miles and price is reasonable but I am very patient

Old 10-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
part of there reason for the extended delivery time is shipping and customs. I'm waiting on head studs from sweden right now. being told 3 -4 weeks to arrive and get release from customs then on the shop then more delivery time to my engine builders shop for install