996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone running the Elephant Racing adjustable lock plates??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 08:04 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Anyone running the Elephant Racing adjustable lock plates??

I'm getting ready to finally install the H&R Coilovers on my T (YAY!!!!), I was going to order lock out plates (I already have the TS toe links) but I recently saw these adjustable lock out plates from Elephant Racing, they are basically the same price as the other lock out plates I've seen but they look pretty interesting. Just wondering what you guys think and if anyone is running them?

I'm guessing regular lock out plates would be the way to go since I have toe links and want to basically disable the eccentrics. Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

LINK---> http://www.elephantracing.com/suspen...-plate-kit.htm

PIC--->

Old 10-22-2015, 11:42 PM
benw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant future
if you already have toe links, no need for these eccentrics anymore. I recommend Tarret's rear locking bolt kit. I have it on my car along with their toe links and some torque solutions upper camber arms (I am lowered pretty far on KW V3) and the car is perfect, easy to align, drives great. I hate trusting alignment settings to an eccentric bolt which can slip and lose position.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:00 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
agree! pretty sure you're locking down the same parts essentially, and possibly overkill for a dual duty car? could well be wrong tho...

but "eccentrics"?! love it hah.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:04 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
I'd be very interested in knowing if these actually work. I was considering getting the adjustable toe arms and locking plates because I've been knocking the rear toe out of alignment on all my cars. I don't currently have any problems getting my rear toe in spec so these could save me a few hundred dollars... if they work.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:20 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Thanks for the replies guys Yup, I have the TS toe links sitting in the box ready to go. I figured the actual locking plates would probably be more fool proof....but....

If I understand correctly the regular locking plate kits (like Tarret) come with 4 plates and a pair of nuts/bolts. You remove the eccentric bolt and it's nut and you use 2 plates on rear driver side toe adjuster and 2 plates on passenger side toe adjuster. Basically, the toe adjustment is completely locked out. Camber eccentric setup is not touched and works as normal.

Again, if I'm getting this right (I spoke with Chuck at Elephant by email) their kit is designed to retain the adjustment range that the car comes with but improve how strong the adjustment will hold AND the kit "fixes/improves" BOTH rear camber and toe adjustment. Their kit also comes with 4 plates but one is used per side for the camber adjuster and one per side for the toe adjuster.

I realize that since I will be installing the toe links that I don't need the stock toe adjustment at all. The reason I was interested in feedback is because the Elephant kit should help make the camber adjustment more reliable as well not just toe.

Seems like the perfect combo would be to run the Tarret lock plates on toe and just 2 of the Elephant plates for camber only.

From what I've read it's the toe that can come out of spec, I haven't heard too much about camber going out of whack. So I guess the question is, does the camber also have a tendency to slip/go out of whack or is it just the toe that this happens to??

Thanks again for any more feedback and/or ideas

Old 10-23-2015, 10:09 AM
benw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant future
my car initially had JIC Cross coilovers which had slotted top hats to adjust camber, along with the Tarret toe links and locking plates/bolts. When I went to KW V3 coilovers, they required my to bring my own strut mounts/hats, so I elected to buy some new OEM mounts for a more compliant ride. This forced me to run some adjustable camber arms (dog bones) in order to control camber. I personally feel like the eccentric bolts and factory toe/camber should be locked out and handled properly. For a car that gets driven on the street only, it's probably fine, but for spirited driving and track use I look for something tougher and more reliable.

Also consider that once you lower these cars, the OEM components lose the ability to hit target alignment settings. The US models were monster trucks, and once you lower them to GT2 (or more) you need new components anyways.