996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Turbo Weather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:03 AM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
call santa - to get you some parts sorry to see that , but if you drive P car in winter time, People know, you appreciate the car more, or just give you dumb look, lol , most oft he time whenever you face a pickup truck that thinks , he owns the road.

brrr so cold

Last edited by MadWhip; 11-17-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:36 PM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Wait a minute... Tiles on the roofs, galvanized hoops to protect the trees, methinks RPM lane is on this side of the pond (unless the pic is not of your car). And you would not be facing that many pick-ups where the roofs and tree protectors look like this. An errant MB S-Class maybe, but not so many pick-ups.

Gorgeous looking, tho. Hard to see, but it looks like its (done up as) a GT2RS. Yours? I may have to reconsider white with black wheels for mine. This pic has mesmerized me...

Can't be a real RS tho. Nobody would leave nearly half a million on the street. In the snow.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:19 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atrox
What's the temp have to be to notice a difference. Does moisture play a factor as well?
Until a few weeks ago in Northern California the temps were between 70-80 where I live. Right before this post, the morning temps were just under 50. It makes all the difference in the world.
I'm considering a methanol spray setup if it can simulate these intake temps more of the year.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:17 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevemfr
Wait a minute... Tiles on the roofs, galvanized hoops to protect the trees, methinks RPM lane is on this side of the pond (unless the pic is not of your car). And you would not be facing that many pick-ups where the roofs and tree protectors look like this. An errant MB S-Class maybe, but not so many pick-ups.

Gorgeous looking, tho. Hard to see, but it looks like its (done up as) a GT2RS. Yours? I may have to reconsider white with black wheels for mine. This pic has mesmerized me...

Can't be a real RS tho. Nobody would leave nearly half a million on the street. In the snow.
that's not my car but I drive mine year round.

This Friday supposed to snow.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:36 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atrox
What's the temp have to be to notice a difference. Does moisture play a factor as well?
I logged some runs on the stock intercoolers (non-x50) on various days.
when it was 84°F the IATs would get to ~135°F(57-58C) at redline in third at about 1.0-1.1 bar.
on a 64°F day the IATs would get to around ~118F(48C)
I heard the stock ecu starts pulling timing at 55C

Old 11-18-2015, 09:40 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
That will definitely be a noticeable difference!!!

Originally Posted by YJosephTT
I logged some runs on the stock intercoolers (non-x50) on various days.
when it was 84°F the IATs would get to ~135°F(57-58C) at redline in third at about 1.0-1.1 bar.
on a 64°F day the IATs would get to around ~118F(48C)
I heard the stock ecu starts pulling timing at 55C

Old 11-19-2015, 03:54 PM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MadWhip
that's not my car but I drive mine year round.

This Friday supposed to snow.
Do you happen to know where the pic is from? Gorgeous!