996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6tt to 7GT2 RS - build odyssey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:56 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute

You are as crazy as me! I have a question, in your first post you laid out all the ducting for the front end (see the photo). There are a couple of parts I think I need that I don't currently have. Can you give me the part numbers for the parts I have circled please?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:26 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
I will check on them tomorrow. The PO purchased all this stuff - this was laid out for me the first time I saw the car. I am actually pretty sure that these pieces are standard 997tt ducts. The bumper skin is the same up top (except for the fog lights). The front spoiler is where the standard 997 and the GT2 really differ.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:35 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevemfr
I will check on them tomorrow. The PO purchased all this stuff - this was laid out for me the first time I saw the car. I am actually pretty sure that these pieces are standard 997tt ducts. The bumper skin is the same up top (except for the fog lights). The front spoiler is where the standard 997 and the GT2 really differ.
Yeah I'm not sure if they are the same, I suppose I'll wait until the car gets stripped down. If they need the extra ducting they will tell me don't worry about that! I you get me the part numbers I can fire them to my guy at Porsche and if they are for the GT2RS then I'll need to get them most likely.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM
z06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond repute
Great project!! Keep the pics coming!

Old 03-29-2016, 05:19 PM
INFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really nice
my 2011 Turbo S with full OEM GT2rs parts

Nice work so Far. Cant wait to see final product. You went way crazier than me with converting a 996 to GT2rs specs. Here is a few pics of my 997.2 Turbo S using all OEM Porsche GT2rs parts. mine bolted right up. The car is black with a Mexico Blue wrap

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	444221   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	718.6 KB
ID:	444222   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	444224   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-5.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	778.7 KB
ID:	444225   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-6.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	659.0 KB
ID:	444226  

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-7.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	444227   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-8.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	444228  
Attached Images  

Last edited by INFINITE; 03-29-2016 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 03-29-2016, 08:00 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
That amazing, did you convert to rwd Too?

Not to thread jack bud where is your build thread assuming it's rwd does it basically feel just like the gt2rs assuming you have driven one? Pdk or?

Old 03-30-2016, 10:33 AM
INFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really nice
Originally Posted by VTGT
That amazing, did you convert to rwd Too?

Not to thread jack bud where is your build thread assuming it's rwd does it basically feel just like the gt2rs assuming you have driven one? Pdk or?

I left AWD and yes PDK. my car is making close to 700whp so I already have traction issues with the AWD and can only imagine how bad I would slip with just RWD.

I have driven a GT2 08, never a RS.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 AM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by INFINITE
I left AWD and yes PDK. my car is making close to 700whp so I already have traction issues with the AWD and can only imagine how bad I would slip with just RWD.

I have driven a GT2 08, never a RS.
So basically a turbo s on steroids nice!

How does it compare to a gt2 and even your factory turbo s? Pdk is holding nicely? I imagine it is more fun and feels somewhat between the turbo s and gt2rs?

Feel free to pm to not clog but I or your style there

Old 03-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Love the Riviera blue above! Man that car is slammed, I'm surprised you can clear anything with that nose.

I'm also doing a GT2RS build using a 997 Turbo. Mine is a gen.1 manual. You can find it here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rbo-build.html

Last edited by isysman; 03-30-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by isysman
Love the Riviera blue above! Man that car is slammed, I'm surprised you can clear anything with that nose.

I'm also doing a GT2RS build using a 997 Turbo. Mine is a gen.1 manual. You can find it here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rbo-build.html

I saw your build. It looks fantastic. I also have 997.1 Turbo 6 seed that I have converted using a mix of OEM and aftermarket parts. It had factory Ceramic brakes so it was easy to convert to centerlock. The tailights also bolt right up which makes life easy

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-9.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	696.0 KB
ID:	444351   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-10.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	855.6 KB
ID:	444352   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeff-997.2rs-11.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	589.2 KB
ID:	444353  
Old 03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by INFINITE
I saw your build. It looks fantastic. I also have 997.1 Turbo 6 seed that I have converted using a mix of OEM and aftermarket parts. It had factory Ceramic brakes so it was easy to convert to centerlock. The tailights also bolt right up which makes life easy
Wow you have 2! That's amazing. I really do love the blue. Made me think about dog the same wrap. I'm toying with getting a 718 Boxster and that is the colour I like for it.

I noticed in one photo your blue car has a sunroof but in other photos I can't see it. Did you do a sunroof delete? That's something on my list.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Pictures I have on my iPad for inspiration.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:23 PM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Gorgeous cars Infinite! I really like the blue as well. Maybe I'll get a wrap... :-p
Are you doing anything performance-wise with the white one? Have you posted any details on what you've done anywhere? I'd love to read/see more!

Isys, I did not get a chance to check the PNs on the ducts today - sorry. Will do tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:22 AM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by stevemfr
Hi Marzz,
Got it. I am not a huge fan of the shims either (especially given the P-tax on those buggers), but I have a lot of fender left to fill and was set on running Cup LCA inner bearings as these are over 1/2" wider than the standard GT2/3 items.

I will look into the erp LCAs again as well, tho. Seems a sensible way to go.

The DSC unit would be optimal for my goals: a perfect street/track day car. I am going to take a serious look at the system. I was already considering PASM to 996 retrofit before I discovered the DSC 996 standalone system using a CAN translator module for earlier to later protocols. We'll see.

Hi Fadi,
I've been watching your threads with great interest, too.

No, the 996s don't have PASM, but the DSC standalone system seems to allow a complete retrofit.
http://www.dscsport.com/product/996-...ge-1/?reff=269
Not cheap. But, if it is good, it would really suit my needs...
Had same dilemma about the LCAs, both serve the same purpose, choice is yours, go all solid the car will be razor sharp,
if you don't like constantly adjusting the shocks like me than go DSC, believe it allows you to run softer springs and get a similar handling result

Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by isysman
Pictures I have on my iPad for inspiration.

Omg I want so bad. In a few years I'll get a 997 to and do some sort of a gt2 conversation. Then I'll have 2 generations of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6tt to 7GT2 RS - build odyssey