996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Adding Water Cooling to Aftermarket Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
Adding Water Cooling to Aftermarket Turbo

So this seems to be a little talked about topic. Not much info or history to be found. And a lot of setups I've seen that use A28's, Alphas, GT30's, etc seem to have pics of people running without the addition of water cooling.

My motor is out right now for bigger injectors and a slew of maintenance.

I intent to add water cooling to my early gen A28 (GT28rs) turbo's now that I'm at a new power level and intend to attend so fun events.

There seems to be two kits out there:

EVOMS:
http://www.evoms.com/EVOMS_Porsche_P...p/turgtwck.htm

Agency Power:
http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/2...ine%20Kit.aspx

The kits seem to use different plumbing paths. Neither that are particularly great. Both kits are absurdly expensive as well, though at least the EVOMS seems to have some nice custom machined pieces.

Anyone have thoughts on either?

I'm tempted to make my own kit, with the plumbing based on the EVOMS setup. Though with hardlines below and rubber lines up top.

Anyone have pics or thoughts?

Last edited by pteck; 02-23-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
Some visual context.

Similar to mine, water port not plumbed on turbo CHRA

EVOMS kit with braided line off drain ports

Old 02-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !
My car came with the Agency Power kit installed on GT28s and it's been working flawlessly, no leaks.
Those prices are pretty high for some tubing and fittings but you're paying for all their trial and errors that you won't have to deal with if you buy a kit as oppose to trying to make your own. On the other hand, it does seem easy enough to assemble something yourself similar to the kits.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Thanks the comment Jean. And good to know the AP kit works without issue.

I'm with you on the no brainer kit, and it makes a lot of sense for a quick install. There definitely are some challenges to making this work due to the tight confines. I personally like the challenge and think I can do better with hard lines and a more copesetic and stock looking install.

At any rate, I'll document the fittings and thread sizes to give back to the hive mind. Though if anyone else has info, it would be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
srm makes a full set of water lines for turbos for the 996 turbo