996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

rear spoiler issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:26 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rickjaffe
what's the test to see if it's the switches?
Check post #7 - Factory troubleshooting guidelines.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
You don't need to remove the spoiler to fill/bleed the Rams.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:22 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
If you dont want to fix ur pump buy daves amazing system ill happily buy your old pump and rams.

Once your ready to sell pm me

Cheers
Tim

Old 04-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
1. Better than pulling the fuse and disabling the lid release, light and spoiler, just pull one of the leads to the spoiler electric motor above the fan. Lower the black shroud and it becomes visible. 2. I am that "someone", in fact you and I have corresponded about the electric mechanism before Macster. Post #7.
Yes, you are indeed that "somone". And I recall exchanging some emails with you regarding the Turbo spoiler.

I read post #7 but at the time didn't connect it/you with the electric spoiler kit.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:24 PM
rickjaffe is on a distinguished road
more possibly diagnostic info: shut the car off with the spoiler raised.
took it for a spin today. no problem with the spoiler automatically retracting and no light.
so I'm thinking the down microswitch is ok. is that a mechanically sound assumption?

when I went past 74 the spoiler raised without any problem, but I got the spoiler light. I may have even heard a clicking sound.

so is that diagnostic of a bad up relay, or not enough fluid? or neither?

was trying to figure it out before pulling stuff off, but might not be possible.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:02 PM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timccloud
If you dont want to fix ur pump buy daves amazing system ill happily buy your old pump and rams.

Once your ready to sell pm me

Cheers
Tim
If the OP doesn't want to, I have a set for sale.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Never Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of light
That just seems to be the way the system is designed to work.
It will usually re-set the warning lights after you shut the car off, and then won't show the warning lights again until about 10 seconds after you reach 74MPH.

Ask me how I know...

The problem could indicate a micro-switch failure, but could also indicate a problem with the hydraulic system, and leaking O-rings seem to be a very common problem. Check for any signs of oil leaks in the black plastic ram bottom covers. If there is any oil there, the problem is likely a leaking ram that will require adding hydraulic fluid, and bleeding out any air from the system.

There are numerous posts on Rennlist that describe this in great detail with photos, and it is widely regarded as a PIA.

Best of luck.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:18 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by techweenie
If the OP doesn't want to, I have a set for sale.
Ok sweet pm me a price shipped to AU postcode 4300

Old 04-12-2016, 03:52 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
You are probably low on fluid. Search my name for my fill up method thread. Easiest out there.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:15 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
I called Sunset Porsche today and the spoiler microswitch is on back order! Tech has no idea when this switch will be available, advised me to call in a month to check on its availability.

Anyone know where else to order this part?

Old 04-13-2016, 06:59 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Try Pelican parts or WorldPac. I doubt RockAuto would have it but worth a look.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by docboy
I called Sunset Porsche today and the spoiler microswitch is on back order! Tech has no idea when this switch will be available, advised me to call in a month to check on its availability. Anyone know where else to order this part?
must be selling like hot cakes... Haha. One can also order a complete new loom with included microswitches, I believe autoatlanta has them, or your local dealer can probably order it. Shame there are sooooo many weak links with the factory hydraulic system.

djcooper@rennkit.com
rennkit.com

Last edited by DaveCarrera4S; 04-14-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
I called Sunset Porsche today and the spoiler microswitch is on back order! Tech has no idea when this switch will be available, advised me to call in a month to check on its availability.

Anyone know where else to order this part?
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Try Pelican parts or WorldPac. I doubt RockAuto would have it but worth a look.
If you have a part number handy I can let you know if we have it and if not a possible ETA on the part.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-14-2016, 12:24 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
If you have a part number handy I can let you know if we have it and if not a possible ETA on the part.
997-613-167-00

Let me know what you find out, thanks!

Old 04-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
997-613-167-00

Let me know what you find out, thanks!
Our system was showing NLA, but it seems as if it's out of stock possibly nation wide at the moment. No ETA.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rear spoiler issues