996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help with Seat Mounting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Help with Seat Mounting

Ok - ton of searching on this and still confused. I have a pair of Sparco Evo seats that are going into my 996tt. They came with side mounts but now I need the seat base to fit the car - is there a specific base for our cars? Also are sliders car specific as well?
Thanks again

Old 07-16-2016, 01:16 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
I used the Corbeau brackets. I did have to modify them and drill new holes to mount the side mounts, though. They have been good for about 3 years now.

corbeau.com/porsche-996-99-seat-brackets.html

Old 07-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
gmg has the best bases out there. and priced to match. planted technology also has bases.

sliders can be most any brand. recaro has decent sliders priced separete from the bases.

when you install the seats the seat belt receptacle has to be removed from the oem seats and reinstalled into the wire harness. disconnect the battery before disconnecting.
the p/t bases have a tab for mounting the receptacle. extremely tight fit.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
gmg has the best bases out there. and priced to match. planted technology also has bases.

sliders can be most any brand. recaro has decent sliders priced separete from the bases.

when you install the seats the seat belt receptacle has to be removed from the oem seats and reinstalled into the wire harness. disconnect the battery before disconnecting.
the p/t bases have a tab for mounting the receptacle. extremely tight fit.
Helpful thanks...gmg bases are 595? Seems a bit much

Old 07-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jferrante
Helpful thanks...gmg bases are 595? Seems a bit much
they are expensive. i have a huge amount of gmg stuff on my car. all top quality. their bases are the lowest made and incorporate a sub mount as well. worth the cheddar? only a buyer can decide that

Old 07-16-2016, 03:43 PM
they are expensive. i have a huge amount of gmg stuff on my car. all top quality. their bases are the lowest made and incorporate a sub mount as well. worth the cheddar? only a buyer can decide that
Yea gotcha; found a 996 specific set for 280 for both going that route - so I will throw a code I am guessing with aftermarket seats?

Old 07-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Banned
Yea gotcha; found a 996 specific set for 280 for both going that route - so I will throw a code I am guessing with aftermarket seats?
no. unplug the battery and remove the seat belt recptacle from the seat along with the wore harness. replug the harness into the wore loom and your golden. tie wrap the plug so it doesnt pop out

Old 07-16-2016, 04:18 PM
no. unplug the battery and remove the seat belt recptacle from the seat along with the wore harness. replug the harness into the wore loom and your golden. tie wrap the plug so it doesnt pop out
Gotcha so this bolt that holds the receptacle and the whole wiring under the seat? Shame can't use the stock mounts with the new seats...
Name:  20160716_181512_zpscwqp5y8x.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  118.5 KB

Old 07-16-2016, 04:56 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
If you're the only one driving and don't need adjustment, you can bolt the side mounts directly to the base which I did.
I wanted my seats as low as possible. GMG and planted has the crossbar towards the back that interfere with the seats.
I bought individual 2 piece base that lets you mount the seat all the way down to the carpet.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by geetee
If you're the only one driving and don't need adjustment, you can bolt the side mounts directly to the base which I did.
I wanted my seats as low as possible. GMG and planted has the crossbar towards the back that interfere with the seats.
I bought individual 2 piece base that lets you mount the seat all the way down to the carpet.
my side mounts don't like up to the holes in the floor or else I would have

Old 07-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Banned
Gotcha so this bolt that holds the receptacle and the whole wiring under the seat? Shame can't use the stock mounts with the new seats...
yes you have to remove the receptacle and then fish the wiring out of the seat.
Originally Posted by geetee
GMG and planted has the crossbar towards the back that interfere with the seats.
i have planted bases and theres no crossbar. itys a flat plate with mounting points and slots to mount a variety of seats

Old 07-16-2016, 05:13 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Ok - ton of searching on this and still confused. I have a pair of Sparco Evo seats that are going into my 996tt. They came with side mounts but now I need the seat base to fit the car - is there a specific base for our cars? Also are sliders car specific as well?
Thanks again
I use factory GT3 manual sliders with Brey Krause side mounts and Recaro Spa seats. Brey Krause makes various side mounts that will couple race seats to OEM sliders.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:17 PM
yes you have to remove the receptacle and then fish the wiring out of the seat.

i have planted bases and theres no crossbar. itys a flat plate with mounting points and slots to mount a variety of seats
The fishing seems to be the hardest part

Old 07-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Am I fishing out all the wires in the stock seat? This seems impossible without breaking something

Old 07-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I use factory GT3 manual sliders with Brey Krause side mounts and Recaro Spa seats. Brey Krause makes various side mounts that will couple race seats to OEM sliders.
Good option thanks - scratching my head over the wiring transfer from the OEM seats. Is it necessary? Anything short of cutting and breaking anything I have no idea how to fish this out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with Seat Mounting