996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Durametric Cable: Which Cable to Buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 11:19 AM
VicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud of
Durametric Cable: Which Cable to Buy?

I did some searching and did not come up with a good answer.

I have a 02 Turbo, w/ Markski 850 turbos, Markski blow through MAF, all supporting mods, RWD.

I want to datalog my car, turn off CEL's, etc. I dont need a case, or any peripherals. Is there any reason I need the professional kit?

Thank you!

Old 10-20-2016, 11:45 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
From what I understand, the advantage of the professional version is for the coding of the ECU, and the 996 ECU is not capable of processing coding options that Durametric can do, it is only the newer cars. Unless you have multiple P-cars, I think you'll be ok with the Enthusiast... I'd wait for more replies just in case I am mistaken, but I remember Durametric replying to me with that information when I wanted to upgrade my Enthusiast to Pro..

Old 10-20-2016, 11:50 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Just get the cheap one and have Markski do all your tuning. You are only 3 hours away, nice to be close to a good tuner. I went to Calvin for a few years 03-05. Lots of snow!

Old 10-20-2016, 12:20 PM
splitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond repute
I was just hanging out with Markski last Friday and my enthusiast cable gathered all I needed when sending him some logs before we were able to get together to tune.

If you buy used, make sure you verify there is at least one more use left on it, unless something has changed they register/lock it to 3 unique VINs.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:44 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
For regular guys who just want to datalog get the enthusiast.. some features on the other other can't be used on the 996 anyways.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Enthusiast version for $287

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-20-2016, 04:07 PM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
I've found the professional version has been the better choice for me. My first Porsche was a Boxster S. Then we bought a Cayenne, so there were two VINs used right there. Then I searched for my 911 turbo, and I used it on several cars to check overrevs and such on at least 3 cars during my search.

So, for me, it's been well worth having the professional version.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:25 PM
aiyer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TXTurbo996
I've found the professional version has been the better choice for me. My first Porsche was a Boxster S. Then we bought a Cayenne, so there were two VINs used right there. Then I searched for my 911 turbo, and I used it on several cars to check overrevs and such on at least 3 cars during my search.

So, for me, it's been well worth having the professional version.
I checked with Durametric before I purchased mine and they said that they will clear all the VINs just one time. So, if all your 3 VINs are used up and you replaced one of the cars, you can get it cleared by them (only once tho).

Also, email Durametric and ask them if they have a refurbished one. If they have one, they will sell it at a discount.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:13 AM
VicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud ofVicVegas84 has much to be proud of
I got hosed on a used Enthusiast version so that is quite helpful! I will contact, Durametric. Thank you.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:24 PM
ImHereLive957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you adjust suspension/ride height with either version of Durametric? I too am trying to decide which version, Enthusiast or Professional to purchase. I want it mainly for data-logging. Is there no difference in amount or limit of parameters you can read and log with either version? I mean, does having the Professional version unlock more parameters to view or log over the standard Enthusiast kit? Or are these cables/kits basically 100% the same with the main difference being able to use the Professional version on way more than just 3 VINs/vehicles? I have no need for anything other than just my 1 VIN Cayenne lol but I don't want to be missing out on anything the Professional version might offer. LIke, it would be just my luck if the Enthusiast version couldn't data-log let's say, Wideband AFR O2 sensor data or something that's fairly critical when working with a remote tuner and having to send data-logs back and forth remotely.

Yes, I know I'm posting in a 6-year-old thread lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.