996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got the BBS LM 18"s today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Rodstertts is on a distinguished road
Just got the BBS LM 18"s today

Pulled the trigger and can't be more please with the BBS LM wheels look. Fitting the 315's make a difference. Next up: BILSTEIN B16 (PSS10) in two weeks. That should drop it an 1" and be dialed in. Thanks to Devon at Tirerack for making it easy and no problem getting the 315's. Only a one week wait for the tires.
Outfitted as:
18X11 with 15mm spacers 315/30ZR-18 MICHELIN PS2
18X8.5 with 7mm spacers/235/40ZR-18 MICHELIN PS2

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_135609.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	803.3 KB
ID:	467341   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_135558.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	467342  

Last edited by Rodstertts; 01-07-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:34 PM
fung0001 is on a distinguished road
Its so good to be rich😍

Old 01-08-2017, 08:46 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Looks perfect with your color combo - congrats!

Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 AM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
Going to sit perfect once you get your suspension setup.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:34 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Nice.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:14 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Great looking setup.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:52 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Looking good! Can you post the rear shot? Thanks.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:45 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Who set you up with those sizes? Where did you get the wheels from?
Sorry, but as expensive as those wheels are, I can't believe they couldnt get you set up with the correct offsets and widths to not require spacers, front and rear.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
I believe BBS specs these for our cars very conservatively (full clearance, no rolled fenders, etc). Personally, I prefer not having wheels built with too aggressive an offset so that I can tweak the setup myself with hub & wheel centric spacers. Don't get me wrong, I totally get what you are saying and at this price point you should be able to spec them how you want. Not sure about OP but even when I have wheels custom built for me I usually calculate a bit of room to tweak with spacers (you can always add spacers but you can't remove wheel material)

Originally Posted by BauerR
Sorry, but as expensive as those wheels are, I can't believe they couldnt get you set up with the correct offsets and widths to not require spacers, front and rear.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:45 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts

It's because they don't come in any decent sizes/offsets. They need to be taken apart and converted to a true 3 piece wheel and then you can make them whatever you want, but now we're talking $$$

Old 01-10-2017, 02:00 PM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gophaster
I believe BBS specs these for our cars very conservatively (full clearance, no rolled fenders, etc). Personally, I prefer not having wheels built with too aggressive an offset so that I can tweak the setup myself with hub & wheel centric spacers. Don't get me wrong, I totally get what you are saying and at this price point you should be able to spec them how you want. Not sure about OP but even when I have wheels custom built for me I usually calculate a bit of room to tweak with spacers (you can always add spacers but you can't remove wheel material)

See, I disagree, I'm out there measuring to make sure I can get the most aggressive offsets possible. I WANT LIP!
Spacers make me nervous. Can't imagine it's good for suspension geometry.

Originally Posted by s65e90
It's because they don't come in any decent sizes/offsets. They need to be taken apart and converted to a true 3 piece wheel and then you can make them whatever you want, but now we're talking $$$

If he bought these new, he should have been able to get what he wanted. I would think so, at least. HRE was great to deal with.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:04 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
See, I disagree, I'm out there measuring to make sure I can get the most aggressive offsets possible. I WANT LIP!

If he bought these new, he should have been able to get what he wanted. I would think so, at least. HRE was great to deal with.
Unfortunately you can't spec these to build from BBS as far as I know. You can flip the faces to reverse mount and gain some offset but that's it unless rebuilding them to 3-piece. Still great wheels.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:49 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
I hear you ...I will say that high quality spacers that are hub centric and wheel centric will not cause any issues. Even the boys at Porsche use spacers on certain wheel options when you are building the cars for example they have 17mm spacers for 955 Cayenne as an option on build sheet as well as for 996 Turbo when ordered with Sport Techno wheels the car will come with spacers. The spacers don't change geometry any more than adding material to the back pad of the wheel to change the offset. More than one way to skin a cat, you can certainly order the wheels with exact offset that you want but using high quality spacers is also a solid option

Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s65e90
I don't see why it would be $$ considering the cost of the LMs anyways. CCW and other wheel companies will make custom replacement barrels. They don't usually advertise, but if you ask they often do. So take the centers and get three piece barrels with the proper bolt count and desired offset. If they are the same bolt count as the E88s and cup wheels just use those. They can be found quite readily as they are fairly standard motorsport items not just with the porsche family. And they are not terribly expensive either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.