996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Why upgrade the Diverter Valves & Boost Hoses!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:11 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Alex, the link says 4-5 hour install..........is that about correct?

Old 01-14-2006, 02:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
That is correct but we've done so many it takes us maybe 3

Old 01-14-2006, 02:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by tom91722
Yup, Alex and James did the EVO stage IV (less headers im cheap) and I was driving home from work and was going !@# MPH at full boost 1.3 Bar and POP!!!!!!

I had blew the hoses clean off in a weeks time after the stage IV install AWESOME

So I got pissed and left it on the side of the road with the keys in it call porsche roadside and told them where the car was and went home and got the Gallardo.
OMG that sucks but its so funny you left it, went and got the Gallardo haha, such character

Alex im stage 2 as well right now and have diverter valves, im boosting a steady .9 in like a 2nd or 3rd gear WOT, in first i can hit 1.1 bar or in upper gear where the turbo's are working harder. Do you suggest the hoses as well on my 01 and will it make a big difference??

Old 01-14-2006, 03:47 PM
egbert is infamous around these parts
I just received my diverter valves from Evoms (thanks Nate)

Can anyone tell me what the black plastic attachments on the top are for?

Old 01-15-2006, 11:31 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Egbert.. those are just the swivels so that it makes it easier to hook up the vacuum line. Make sure you "zip" tie those

Old 01-15-2006, 04:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the response Alex jk lol!

Old 01-15-2006, 05:25 PM
thanks sharkster-out of interest why do they need to be tip tied? does a lot of pressure go through them?Also where should I tie them?

I stuck one of them on and can't get it off now LOL.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by iLLM3
OMG that sucks but its so funny you left it, went and got the Gallardo haha, such character

Alex im stage 2 as well right now and have diverter valves, im boosting a steady .9 in like a 2nd or 3rd gear WOT, in first i can hit 1.1 bar or in upper gear where the turbo's are working harder. Do you suggest the hoses as well on my 01 and will it make a big difference??
Oh crap pal.. I didn't see that I thought you were talking to tommy...

OK so if you're stage II and it's .9bar going to 1.1bar with an 01 I really would man. I know it's a hassle to do but I would. The 01 design hoses are a POS...

Old 01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by egbert
thanks sharkster-out of interest why do they need to be tip tied? does a lot of pressure go through them?Also where should I tie them?

I stuck one of them on and can't get it off now LOL.
Spray them with circuit board cleaner or something.. get it cold and lubed and it'll come off

We zip tie them as an "extra" precuation. There is pressure and why take the risk? For example any GT700 car has at least 60 pounds worth of zip ties not included in the kit lol

Old 01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by sharkster
Oh crap pal.. I didn't see that I thought you were talking to tommy...

OK so if you're stage II and it's .9bar going to 1.1bar with an 01 I really would man. I know it's a hassle to do but I would. The 01 design hoses are a POS...
Hmm yea i think that might be a step along with my evo v flow, what can you do for both?

Old 01-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i just put on new diverter valves last night with the help of Ruiner (thanks!) but on the way to dinner noticed I was only pulling .6 bar at WOT (have been 1.0 - 1.1). At the restaurant noticed the "rear" diverter valve had the little hose knocked off On the way home - the CEL came on

SO this morning I try and put the hose back on without undoing everything because it was such a PIA but realized that would not be possible after 1.5 hrs of mucking with it so I disassembled then reassembled. Immediately pulled my 1.0 bar so I was happy.....UNTIL I read this post about the zip ties - ARGH!!!!

I can think of about 10,000 things I'd rather do than mess with those DV's again

Old 01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Lizard1
i just put on new diverter valves last night with the help of Ruiner (thanks!) but on the way to dinner noticed I was only pulling .6 bar at WOT (have been 1.0 - 1.1). At the restaurant noticed the "rear" diverter valve had the little hose knocked off On the way home - the CEL came on

SO this morning I try and put the hose back on without undoing everything because it was such a PIA but realized that would not be possible after 1.5 hrs of mucking with it so I disassembled then reassembled. Immediately pulled my 1.0 bar so I was happy.....UNTIL I read this post about the zip ties - ARGH!!!!

I can think of about 10,000 things I'd rather do than mess with those DV's again
See that's why we use zip ties... Even the factory does in some case. He'll I uses Zip Ties on my condoms

Old 01-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i'm thinking I actually didn't put it on that tight and knocked it off when I was shoving the DV and F pipe around trying to fit in the last DV. But if it does come off again - I've got the friggin zip ties ready.

Old 01-15-2006, 07:15 PM
ps - my DV exchange was such a PIA because I had lent my neighbor all of my wrenches/pliers so the only wrench I had was what comes in the little emergency road kit in my wife's BMW. It was much easier today once I had reclaimed everything

Old 01-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by sharkster
Spray them with circuit board cleaner or something.. get it cold and lubed and it'll come off

We zip tie them as an "extra" precuation. There is pressure and why take the risk? For example any GT700 car has at least 60 pounds worth of zip ties not included in the kit lol
thanks for the help-I'm really looking forward to getting these fitted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why upgrade the Diverter Valves & Boost Hoses!