996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Why upgrade the Diverter Valves & Boost Hoses!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by egbert
thanks for the help-I'm really looking forward to getting these fitted.
It'll be good. You won't ever loose any power and have to worry about it anymore I didn't realize you were from London too? I was born, bred, schooled and lived there most of my life. I moved out here during the World Cup in 1998... What part of London are you from?

Old 01-16-2006, 02:03 PM
lee lovell is infamous around these parts
Now i know what those tie wraps that i threw away were for.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:37 AM
egbert is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
It'll be good. You won't ever loose any power and have to worry about it anymore I didn't realize you were from London too? I was born, bred, schooled and lived there most of my life. I moved out here during the World Cup in 1998... What part of London are you from?
I'm from Richmond in SW London-are you missing blighty?

Old 01-28-2006, 01:54 AM
tme
tme is infamous around these parts
Just had Ron put the EVO hoses in my 01 and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I had to have a leak or worse in the old hoses but the change was impressive. Smoother, faster more consistent drivability...........FULL BOOST ASAP

Old 01-28-2006, 04:01 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Alex,

Do the Billet DV's make more of a sound from stock, if you listen to our car really carefully you can sometimes hear ours (i dont know what ruf use) but we consistently make 1.2 bar and i was wondering if these billet DV's would make more of a "whoosh" sound(its hard to describe the sound but i love it )

all the best
adam

Old 01-28-2006, 04:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AdamT
Alex,

Do the Billet DV's make more of a sound from stock, if you listen to our car really carefully you can sometimes hear ours (i dont know what ruf use) but we consistently make 1.2 bar and i was wondering if these billet DV's would make more of a "whoosh" sound(its hard to describe the sound but i love it )

all the best
adam
Adam to my knowledge youd o not hear any "bov" or air venting out, well at least out of mine. But i also heard after the evo intake or some airflow mods you can hear them working and turbo's spooling up, but right now i have evo exhaust, diverter's and no cats and you cants really hear the turbo's or a whooshing

Martin

Old 01-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Dang, i am after more turbo "whooshing" and "venting" heheh

Superb now i know how to describe it

best
adam

Old 01-28-2006, 04:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Dang, i am after more turbo "whooshing" and "venting" heheh

Superb now i know how to describe it

best
adam
Haha no problem Adam, yea i know what your talking about.. After getting some work done at the shop, they forgot to click the intercooler hose in all the way and i was like WTF, did they put a blow off valve in or something, sounded so sick, then my abs/psm lights came on and car wouldnt boost, oh well

Old 01-28-2006, 05:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Alex,

all the best
adam
heya adam,

Actually a little bit of a difference yes. I've heard people equate them to "squirrel" noises but it's an air-type sound> It's not being vented to atmosphere obviously and recirced but the springs do hold more so you do get a little bit of a sound than the stockers. It's sorta of "whooshy" yes!

Old 01-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
heya adam,

Actually a little bit of a difference yes. I've heard people equate them to "squirrel" noises but it's an air-type sound> It's not being vented to atmosphere obviously and recirced but the springs do hold more so you do get a little bit of a sound than the stockers. It's sorta of "whooshy" yes!
Well i guess you can hear it with windows down and when turbo's are really working hard spooling up in higher gear and you let off throttle, sounds like light steam LOL But its not a BOV sound!

Old 01-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
heya adam,

Thanks Alex,

The sound im after for is definetly a "BOV" sound. I did a lot of driving of Mr Ruf's blue "Nardo" r turbo and the DV's were so much louder than our cars. (it happens to have 80-90bhp more than our car but thats beside the point ) I remember it had the same amount of boost as ours ( 1.2 bar, spiking to 1.3) and just wondered why it sounded so different. Every gear shift was followed by this wonderful little "squirrel sound"

all the best
adam

Old 01-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks Alex,

The sound im after for is definetly a "BOV" sound. I did a lot of driving of Mr Ruf's blue "Nardo" r turbo and the DV's were so much louder than our cars. (it happens to have 80-90bhp more than our car but thats beside the point ) I remember it had the same amount of boost as ours ( 1.2 bar, spiking to 1.3) and just wondered why it sounded so different. Every gear shift was followed by this wonderful little "squirrel sound"

all the best
adam
If you are looking for that sound, here is what they use (HKS SSQ BOV).. It has the whistleing noise in the video, but you can change the inside piece from the yellow to purple to give it the compressed air venting sound

http://www.sp-power.com/projectcar_porsche_996.htm
http://www.hopupracing.com/spenbovkipo9.html