996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Stage 4GT upgade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 09:41 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Fred's car is a Stage 4GT, the GTR is for the race gas program. He had the highest hp at the shootout today 563 at all four wheels. That is of course because the RED BEAST has a turbo boost leak but none the less he is the CHAMP!

Old 12-01-2003, 10:05 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I'll have the Stage IV GT on my car before I even break it in.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NoMercy
I think I remember you from somewhere. I think I remember seeing you on supraforums, is that correct?

Old 12-01-2003, 10:44 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NoMercy

No mercy if you build your turbo anything like you built your z06..You will no doubt have one of the quickest turbos on the board....I somewhere in my video collection have your car turning a 9.9 at some ridiculous MPH....That video always gets me going, the sound of that thing was incredible...Who drove the car when it turned a 9.9

Old 12-02-2003, 06:13 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
What was the sharkmobile HP at??

Old 12-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Andrew708
Go for it .....you will be one happy camper..i can't begin to tell you how it feels!!!

Old 12-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Duane: you have Kevin's Hizzle of Turbizzle supercoated units right? Is both the hot and cold side coated?

Old 12-02-2003, 08:37 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by buddyg
Fred's car is a Stage 4GT, the GTR is for the race gas program. He had the highest hp at the shootout today 563 at all four wheels. That is of course because the RED BEAST has a turbo boost leak but none the less he is the CHAMP!

Champ!! Boost was turned way up only for this dyno test. Torque numbers were low. What boost does he run day in and day out? That is the hp figure I am interested in, not some artificial number inflated for one test

BTW, really sorry to hear about your car, hope it gets fixed soon. Take care Buddy.

Lou

Old 12-02-2003, 09:27 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM
Champ!! Boost was turned way up only for this dyno test. Torque numbers were low. What boost does he run day in and day out? That is the hp figure I am interested in, not some artificial number inflated for one test

BTW, really sorry to hear about your car, hope it gets fixed soon. Take care Buddy.

Lou
Mine dyno'd at 540 HP (torque was 582) at the wheels with the Fabspeed loud. 529 HP with the Fabspeed quiet. This was running the 94 octane program, which is my every day program.

I also have a 91 octane program that put out 520ish at the wheels with the loud exhaust. I have the dyno chart somewhere if you want the exact HP for that program.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:32 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by racer63
Mine dyno'd at 540 HP (torque was 582) at the wheels with the Fabspeed loud. 529 HP with the Fabspeed quiet. This was running the 94 octane program, which is my every day program.I also have a 91 octane program that put out 520ish at the wheels with the loud exhaust. I have the dyno chart somewhere if you want the exact HP for that program.
No, not at all, that is what I am getting at. You are certainly not running at 1.5 bar!! Your numbers are what matters. I can buy the stage 4 GT and get similar numbers to you. I cannot buy a stage 4gt program that hits 1.5 bar. Thanks for posting your real world numbers.

Lou

Old 12-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sticky
I think I remember you from somewhere. I think I remember seeing you on supraforums, is that correct?
Yes I used to hang out a bit there but got tired of the "youth" that populated that site, and since I did not have a Supra, there was no need to stay.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by jcramair1
No mercy if you build your turbo anything like you built your z06..You will no doubt have one of the quickest turbos on the board....I somewhere in my video collection have your car turning a 9.9 at some ridiculous MPH....That video always gets me going, the sound of that thing was incredible...Who drove the car when it turned a 9.9
Thanks bro!! SW was the driver and the trap speed was 143. Your white TT has me wanting to change my yellow one before it's built. A white TT next to my white Z07 would be cool.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:58 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM
No, not at all, that is what I am getting at. You are certainly not running at 1.5 bar!! Your numbers are what matters. I can buy the stage 4 GT and get similar numbers to you. I cannot buy a stage 4gt program that hits 1.5 bar. Thanks for posting your real world numbers.

Lou
Hi Lou,

I'm not so sure. If the program exists, I'm pretty sure that Todd will sell it to you... with the appropriate disclaimers. Like, be careful not to blow up your engine.

Did you ever find out if Fred actually did run 1.5 bar? And if so, was it 1.5 bar of flash boost, followed by 1.2 or 1.3 steady state? Or was it 1.5 bar at steady state. (I'd be surprised if it was 1.5 steady state...)

Old 12-04-2003, 07:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
Attached is a pic of Fred’s dyno. Just to clarify, Fred’s car was making 1.4 bar until about 5000 RPMS and it then tapers off to 1.25 bar. We tuned it that way for reliability. The Stage 4GTR program that Fred is had in his car for the event is our standard Stage 4GT race program that we have been selling and installing in cars throughout the world for over 6 months now. The Stage 4GT (street program) has been tuned on 91 octane and runs 1.4 bar in the midrange and tapers off to 1.2 bar at redline. The major difference in the stage 4GT and stage 4GTR is the race program has a much more aggressive timing map. When we sell a Stage 4GT tuning system, the customer gets an IBE chipswitch and has the option to select either program depending on their fuel quality and HP level.

Attached Images  
F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 12-04-2003, 08:02 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Multiply by 1.32!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!? I thought on an AWD dyno is was more like 1.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I wrong??
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stage 4GT upgade