996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How many hp can 2.5" handle?

Old 06-04-2017, 01:27 AM
acs370 is on a distinguished road
How many hp can 2.5" handle?

Hi. Which kind of power levels you guys are running with 2.5" exhaust?
I have now straight 2.5" pipes when the flaps are open. Is it good for up to 650 hp?

Old 06-04-2017, 06:24 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
If your turbos arent able to reach the programmed boost pressure, you will know. Its a tight call.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Should be ok for 650hp, but 3" will run better

Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
To not make set boost you would have to have really hit the wall with restriction, I'd think a flow restriction would hurt power long before that. You could probably do some math to figure out flow. Do you have any reason to believe you've hit a choke point with your existing setup? The flaps and mechanism will probably cause some restriction even opened so consider that. Pretty sure my exhaust is 3inches so I'm not much help with real world data I'm afraid...

Old 08-02-2017, 09:12 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
2.75 " needed.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acs370
Hi. Which kind of power levels you guys are running with 2.5" exhaust?
I have now straight 2.5" pipes when the flaps are open. Is it good for up to 650 hp?
you need to open it up and let it breath

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.