996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tt porsche or lambo gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:41 AM
john riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to all
Originally Posted by flewis763
note the the early gallardos were not that fast. A tuned 996 turbo is much fast. A mild turbo upgrade and it makes the gallardo look like an mr2. The 5.0 gallardo also have higher maintenance cost over the 5.2 as well as all around maintenance is more. You do get a little more of a cool factor though
hey bud what turbo upgrade do you suggest mine is bone stock with upgraded ex h&r coil overs lowered 2 inches on 19s sits nice rides great and compares to my 935 hauls *** clutch is strong at 60k car is flawless inside and out 2 front spoilers and 2 rear wing added aside from my new puppy using it as aslde the car is near perfect oh the slide marks did buff out maquiars xtreme polish works pretty good thanks man john

Old 08-24-2017, 05:38 PM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
I have 115000 miles on a stock clutch tuned turbo. Show me a lambo that has done that. I also got a new alternator from autozone for 175$ the costs are absolutely not the same.
107k on original
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...st-one-165354/

VW cross referenced alternator is $107.99 at autozone.

Originally Posted by flewis763
Note the the early Gallardos were not that fast. A tuned 996 turbo is much fast. A mild turbo upgrade and it makes the Gallardo look like an mr2. The 5.0 Gallardo also have higher maintenance cost over the 5.2 as well as all around maintenance is more. You do get a little more of a cool factor though
Yeah, the 2009+ LP cars are significantly faster than the pre-LP. The whp is much higher than the stated 40hp difference.
2004/2005 are 485hp, 2006-2008 are 520hp with revised gearing.

IMO, 2006 is the oldest G to buy as it received many upgrades over the early cars.

The chassis and many aspects (including egear tune) are cleaned up. Definitely worth the extra buck if you're planning on keeping the car for a significant amount of time.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
If you're willing to spend 50k plus your car for a gallardo, why not pocket 35k and put that 15k into your car. You'll have a 700+ horsepower monster. It will keep you on your toes for a while.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by john riley
hey bud what turbo upgrade do you suggest mine is bone stock with upgraded ex h&r coil overs lowered 2 inches on 19s sits nice rides great and compares to my 935 hauls *** clutch is strong at 60k car is flawless inside and out 2 front spoilers and 2 rear wing added aside from my new puppy using it as aslde the car is near perfect oh the slide marks did buff out maquiars xtreme polish works pretty good thanks man john

Billet16 set up would be more than enough, would smoke every gallardo short of anything that has a TT kit on it.

https://www.bydesignauto.com/product...ant=4216954757

I had the AMS kit with Tony@EPL software tuning, car was a ROCKET.

I dont think they make the kit anymore but Sam will get you taken care of!

Old 09-22-2017, 01:49 AM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by white out
Manual G is a good financial move. $90k for a G with that mileage and stick is a good deal if the car is clean.

Maintenance on a G is no different from a 996TT.
Maintenance on a G is double or even triple at least if you put same miles on it, my best buddy had one it just not as quick as my tt nor reliability...

Old 09-22-2017, 09:43 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
The issue I see with cars like a Lambo or Ferrari versus our cars is investment and how much and how do you intend to drive. And with a Lambo or Ferrari collectability is always a factor as the market is largely driven by people who will not take chances on DIY projects and non-dealership parts. Sure, you can DIY a lambo and use OEM versus factory parts, but resale in the used market is more affected as a result. The 996TT is not nearly as collectable unless you have low miles, 100% stock with a less common color and preferably comprehensive dealership records. Their is no guilt driving the **** out of a 996TT and DIYing maintenance on it.

As for rawness, you can get raw with a 996TT if that is the itch to scratch. Do a proper RWD conversion with good monoball suspension setup and clutch LSD. Then if you really want more, get big turbos. Still will be less than a Gallardo after all that.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 PM
rsvmiller is infamous around these parts
That very same used turbo kit has been terrorizing Lambos on the West Coast for the last three years now, even on 91 Octane Cali gas. And the car just came back from a 4K+ miles trip to the desert Southwest without a hitch. Well the rear windshield wiper flew off at some ungodly speed! Now I know why Porsche offers a rear windshield wiper delete option! ...
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
Billet16 set up would be more than enough, would smoke every gallardo short of anything that has a TT kit on it.

https://www.bydesignauto.com/product...ant=4216954757

I had the AMS kit with Tony@EPL software tuning, car was a ROCKET.

I dont think they make the kit anymore but Sam will get you taken care of!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.