996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 ctr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 11:12 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo

Do you have more pictures of engine out of the car without the image being cut off? Looking specifically at the vacuum routing for the 997TT intake manifolds/inlets. I've got the same parts going in mine.
Here you go, with a line to brake booster too. Notice check valves, OEM and aftermarket.

Zip ties are very handy for all kinds of use...

Old 09-04-2017, 10:12 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Here you go, with a line to brake booster too. Notice check valves, OEM and aftermarket.

Zip ties are very handy for all kinds of use...
did I read your running and electric vacuum pump? Looks like you still have a line (furtherest to the right) that has vacuum for the brakes.

How do you have it setup?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:55 PM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LQQK
did I read your running and electric vacuum pump? Looks like you still have a line (furtherest to the right) that has vacuum for the brakes.

How do you have it setup?
Old pic, that line is now removed all the way.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:29 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a pic of the brake vacuum pump. What's it out off? Is it working well for you. Been thinking of doing this over the 997 gt2 setup.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:27 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Do you have a pic of the brake vacuum pump. What's it out off? Is it working well for you. Been thinking of doing this over the 997 gt2 setup.
I never really understood why people constantly want to reengineer Porsche stuff. The OEM vacuum pump is a proven set up, takes an hour to install. Direct bolt on, 100% plug and play. Couldn't be any simpler. Not saying there aren't other ways to do it, but why??

Old 09-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I never really understood why people constantly want to reengineer Porsche stuff. The OEM vacuum pump is a proven set up, takes an hour to install. Direct bolt on, 100% plug and play. Couldn't be any simpler. Not saying there aren't other ways to do it, but why??
Yes, but it's also an expensive modification - which I haven't been able to find any second hand parts. And Porsche use a hella electric pump on the cayanne and now the 9A1 991 cars including the gt3 (with a bunch of additional electronics to control it). It's probably cheaper and easier to go the route you have but....

Old 09-06-2017, 12:03 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Because we don't have as much disposable money for car projects. Anyone with money can throw it at a car without learning or understanding. So we use our minds and talents to learn new ways. And new things are learned and shared amongst the community and we grow together instead of being spoon feed the same ****. Not to sound like a condescending jackass, but the enthusiast community thrives on these mindsets as much as they do the knowledge and experiences of people like you.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:10 AM
PM sent.

The cost of this is about 1/10th of that GT3 pump and this doesn't rust like those tend to do... Anyway IMO much better than 996's OEM system.

Hella pump + vacuum switch + check valve Hella pump + vacuum switch + check valve
+ reservoir (OEM plastic)+ wiring (relay & fuse, triggered from fuel pump and fed from battery).

Old 09-06-2017, 03:18 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Because we don't have as much disposable money for car projects. Anyone with money can throw it at a car without learning or understanding. So we use our minds and talents to learn new ways. And new things are learned and shared amongst the community and we grow together instead of being spoon feed the same ****. Not to sound like a condescending jackass, but the enthusiast community thrives on these mindsets as much as they do the knowledge and experiences of people like you.
I get it, and I'm probably the one guy that's shared more stuff with this community than most others. I also hate throwing money at the car just like the next guy. I just don't think I'm smart enough to retrofit something like that and ensure 100% functionality but mainly I'm paranoid of trying to re-engineer critical safety items like parts of the brake system. For the cost of a set of tires I'll sleep better knowing that the stuff will work 100% without issues as designed by people at the factory that are way smarter than I am. Simply knowing that Porsche engineered two different pumps based on the rpm capability of the engine is enough to tell me that this is a fairly critical item. To properly control an electronic pump without the luxury of an on board OEM controller may be easy for some but it's beyond my pay grade. Thats all...

Old 09-06-2017, 09:36 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I get it, and I'm probably the one guy that's shared more stuff with this community than most others. I also hate throwing money at the car just like the next guy. I just don't think I'm smart enough to retrofit something like that and ensure 100% functionality but mainly I'm paranoid of trying to re-engineer critical safety items like parts of the brake system. For the cost of a set of tires I'll sleep better knowing that the stuff will work 100% without issues as designed by people at the factory that are way smarter than I am. Simply knowing that Porsche engineered two different pumps based on the rpm capability of the engine is enough to tell me that this is a fairly critical item. To properly control an electronic pump without the luxury of an on board OEM controller may be easy for some but it's beyond my pay grade. Thats all...
You share a bunch. You are one of the best resources here. But some of us differ in that we will dig into a project like this and succeed and share. That is all. ðŸºðŸº

Old 10-24-2017, 12:03 PM
A pic before the winter:

Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Keo
Keo is on a distinguished road
Looks so mean! Crazzzzy

Old 10-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Endless3 is on a distinguished road
Very aggressive looking car! Good job

Old 10-31-2017, 02:48 AM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Your car is insane Pete !!
Can you let us how much HP power your putting out and how much the car weighs ?

Old 04-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by JimTT
Your car is insane Pete !!
Can you let us how much HP power your putting out and how much the car weighs ?
600ish crankHP, 1420 kg dry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.