996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rear wiper necessary?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:47 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I'm pro wiper.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:11 PM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
There ia no need for it. I threw it out. Less weight is always good.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
It also can scratch the paint when in use.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:14 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Took mine off today, took all of 15 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FED29A59-9F44-4D40-AA0A-8790BCF1F6CD.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	514408  
Old 10-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
I think the wiper blade works like a vortex generator an causes slightly less down force on the rear wing on the left side to compensate for the drivers weight. So it is dangerous to drive without the wiper blade above 136mph

Old 10-16-2017, 11:26 AM
nbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Third-Reef
I think the wiper blade works like a vortex generator an causes slightly less down force on the rear wing on the left side to compensate for the drivers weight. So it is dangerous to drive without the wiper blade above 136mph
I'm not buying it. Mostly because over 150MPH it starts to lift and over 170 it snaps off.

I would encourage anyone doing 1/2 or 1 mile events to remove it prior.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:52 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Old 10-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Oh No, busted. I was trolling with some "fake data" to try and see if there was some real data. Apparently there is. I was considering trying one of the 1/2 mile roll races. If i do, i will take my wiper off first.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:02 PM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nbressette
I'm not buying it. Mostly because over 150MPH it starts to lift and over 170 it snaps off.

I would encourage anyone doing 1/2 or 1 mile events to remove it prior.

I've run multiple 1/2 mile events (150+mph) and never had an issue. Car has also seen 175mph once and wiper is still right were it was before. Maybe the spring on yours is worn out.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:16 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Third-Reef

IF YOU CHANGE IT FROM HOW PORSCHE FACTORY DESIGNED IT, YOU WILL CRASH AND DIE!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.