996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:45 AM
rickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BauerR
My thoughts have always been, if you can't afford to do it right, leave it alone.
+1.. You are correct !

Old 12-10-2017, 06:01 AM
jason952 is on a distinguished road
Kline catless ftw, I run the j shaped o2 foulers and no CEL

Old 12-11-2017, 03:43 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jason952
Kline catless ftw, I run the j shaped o2 foulers and no CEL

Jason can you tell me which fouler you are using? I got a Kline also but a P0430 fault since installed ;-( I got some extensions but too long to put the 02 sensors...I guess you got the 90 degrees ? If possible where did you get them...Thanks for the information....

Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM
jason952 is on a distinguished road
Amazon Amazon

I am running the smallest restrictors.

Stock tune, Cobb upload soon

Cheers

Old 12-11-2017, 05:38 PM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
O2 extenders did not work for me and I tried nearly every configuration

Old 12-11-2017, 05:44 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BauerR
O2 extenders did not work for me and I tried nearly every configuration

With a Kline or another type? Did you had the P0430 fault? That's what I got on the right bank only....

Old 12-11-2017, 07:10 PM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
I had P1155 and yes, right side.
Speedtech 3" xpipe exhaust

Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Those Vibrant 11619 spacers are great.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Those Vibrant 11619 spacers are great.
Order some yesterday! I hope it will fix this fault I am living with since 2014 ;-) The other solution of replacing both cats (as per Felix) with new improve one is a bit too expensive for me

Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 PM
LukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to behold
If you want "cheap", why not find a "good ole boy" and have him install some pipe and some bullet mufflers. Keep the OEM when you grow tired of drone or can afford a nice set up. That way you aren't doing irreversible mods.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpflip
Order some yesterday! I hope it will fix this fault I am living with since 2014 ;-) The other solution of replacing both cats (as per Felix) with new improve one is a bit too expensive for me
Keep me posted mate. I will do what I can to help as you have been so helpful to others. I have a feeling the spacers will do the trick!

Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Keep me posted mate. I will do what I can to help as you have been so helpful to others. I have a feeling the spacers will do the trick!
Thanks !!!

Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2017, 08:19 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Stock mufflers are basically worth less so for starters drill out the stock muffler and see how that goes for you. If thats not enough then pick up an aftermarket stock exhaust. Drilling out the stocker adds volume and zero drone and is free so give that a go.

Lots of discussion on it in this thread here, believe it was 15hp increase or so:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ler-996tt.html

Pull stock tip, ram a 2" hole saw up the exhaust outlet until you drill a hole through, pretty simple. Don't even need to remove the muffler. I did it a few years ago and it it's been enough for me for years now. I take my kids in the car with me so a loud drony exhaust isn't an option.

Last edited by King James; 12-16-2017 at 08:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.