996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sprint Booster V3 - Eliminate Throttle Lag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
Sprint Booster V3 - Eliminate Throttle Lag

Sprint Booster is an easy to install, plug-n-play device that reprograms the acceleration signals in your stock ECU.
So, when you press on your 911's accelerator – you’ll immediately know it because your 911 INSTANTLY responds.
You hit the gas and GO, no throttle lag, no hesitation.

Check out our promotion.
PORSCHE 9-11 Turbo SBV3
PORSCHE 9-11 GT2 SBV3

Learn more about how it works.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Facepalm.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
i have one. i'll let it go. tell me where to PayPal and how much $ i should send with it lol

Old 12-13-2018, 07:58 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Ha! My 911 already instantly responds when I press the gas!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
i have one. i'll let it go. tell me where to PayPal and how much $ i should send with it lol
May we ask what was the problem with your Sprint Booster?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I just remembered that, when I first bought the 911TT, I did not like the acceleration curve that came stock on the car. (1/2 throttle gave you 25% power...) You really had to push the pedal down to make it wake up. Shortly after my purchase I bought a Durametric tune and requested a linear "straight line" for throttle position vs power. That change made the car perfect. From looking at their products, it looks like the "Sprint Booster" just changes the throttle curve - when you buy a tune, you get much more.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
Here's a diagram and demonstration for an easy explanation.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:31 AM
I think the stock curve for the TT is more like this...

Old 12-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Slider
I think the stock curve for the TT is more like this...
Thanks for taking your time and sharing that. We have Sprint Boosters for all different makes and models and we've heard very good reviews especially for Porsche and it's probably because of what you're showing.

One of our best reviews made us believe that Sprint Boosters are great for Porsche owners:
"My otherwise wonderful Porsche Cayman S had a noticeably ""lazy"" relationship between the throttle pedal and the actuation of the tb butterfly. Since I am fortunate enough to drive AMG's and many other fine vehicles as a MB dealership service manager often, I can tell all skeptics without hesitation that this product will improve throttle response dramatically. This makes the engine ""feel"" much more responsive , especially at the smaller throttle angles commonly in use during driving on the street . Highly recommended!"

That was for a Cayman. Here's another from a 911 owner:
"Unbelievable device, changes not only throttle response, but also auto gearbox behavior, making for a much more responsive drive. Excellent value for money!"

A few guys in a 6speed thread were talking about how the Sprint Booster has made their Panamera feel like a whole new car and how worth it's the money. I'll post the thread below.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-booster.html

Old 12-13-2018, 08:30 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sprint Booster Sales
May we ask what was the problem with your Sprint Booster?
nothing was "wrong". it worked as advertised. but it "mimics" increased throttle response, when in fact, it "increases" nothing. it's "gimmicky" and my tuned ecu and modded car didn't like it. much.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
nothing was "wrong". it worked as advertised. but it "mimics" increased throttle response, when in fact, it "increases" nothing. it's "gimmicky" and my tuned ecu and modded car didn't like it. much.
Well we're sorry it didn't "increase" what you wanted it to. But it's good to hear that it "worked as advertised." If it achieved what it's advertised to do than the Sprint Booster did it's job. Thank you for your input.

We've had great reviews for different Porsche's recently and there are threads here on 6speed with good conversations about how the Sprint Booster made their Porsche a huge difference. But everyone has different experiences with most products on the market.

Here's some input from members here on 6Speed..

"Now on to the Sprint Booster, in Sport it is plenty responsive and wakes up the throttle as others have mentioned, it does remove the lag making the driving experience way more sports-like. In Track setting (or the highest setting) the throttle is tons of fun, for sure this thing works! Half throttle feels like full pedal to the metal. For less than $300 seems like the way to go, the combination of the exhaust and the Sprint Booster make the Panny a different animal."

"Lol, so yeah its done. Im gonna say get one. For really short $$ and ease of install Its foolish how much more responsive the car is. With the new exhaust its going Braaap all the time. I will have the car down south next Friday if you wanna try to meet up to check it out. You know how to reach me."

"Makes a lot of difference. If you turned on Sport or Sport Plus it adds a ton more boost."

"My Sprint Booster v3 was delivered today and I installed and test drove the car. The difference is very noticeable and i truly didn't expect the level of difference I'm experiencing. I took .04 seconds off my 0-60 time for a car that is already fast. I can't believe this mod is so easy to install and makes driving that much funner. I'm keeping this for sure..."

"I had one on my '02 911 C4 cab and loved it - noticeable improvement on throttle tip-in due to that drive-by-wire system. Have not tried it on my PTT as I don't notice the same lag or delay."

"I was not sure this was possible but for the last couple days I have been watching the boost gauge and it is true. Even without sport mode enabled Boost comes on much faster and more frequently. To me it almost takes the place of a tune since the manors of the car are changed drastically especially in race mode. With no tunes available for the 3.0TT this represents a great option to get this build in beast mode for very short $$ with something thats 100% reversible.
Im very interested to meet up with Lgarcia next weekend to see if he agrees with my assessment since he has a stock 3.0TT as well. "

Extra reviews on our site..

Old 12-15-2018, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure the Sprint Booster is as useful on high-power cars like the TT. On Hondas, you can step on the gas 50% then wait a bit and press 100% and you will feel no difference at all. One of the beauties of the TT is that, even at 100 MPH at half throttle, if you push another 10% on the gas, you will feel more acceleration come on. With the Sprint Booster installed, you are at 100% throttle with 50% of the pedal travel making it useless to push any further. For me, that takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Slider
I'm not sure the Sprint Booster is as useful on high-power cars like the TT. On Hondas, you can step on the gas 50% then wait a bit and press 100% and you will feel no difference at all. One of the beauties of the TT is that, even at 100 MPH at half throttle, if you push another 10% on the gas, you will feel more acceleration come on. With the Sprint Booster installed, you are at 100% throttle with 50% of the pedal travel making it useless to push any further. For me, that takes a lot of the fun out of it.
It sounds like you're already having a great time driving your car and that's awesome. For the people that feel like they want to try something new to give their Porsche a different feel, we're just providing an affordable alternative. And many of our customers enjoy Sprint Boosters in all different makes and models. A lot comes down to preference.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor
Customers also get a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee if they're not satisfied with their Sprint Booster.