996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Torque Solution Intercooler Boost Hose Set issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 11:45 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Torque Solution Intercooler Boost Hose Set issues

Hi All,
I purchased these from a sponsor here back in January. I was curious if others had similar issues. I was missing two vag intercooler adapters and had two fitment issues. Initial quality seemed ok but the fitment on the lower driver side intercooler hose and the upper passenger side hose aren't even close. Thanks!
Scot

This pic shows how far off the lower driver side hose is from the turbocharger...not even close.

This hose appears to be WAY to long making it crinkle up.

Missing two adapters..Simple math here.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:56 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Wow - That doesn't look very good!

I bought the MaxSpeed version - the billet steel adapters are integrated with the hose and do not come off. The fit is perfect. I don't think I would install those Torque Solutions hoses in my car... You might want to consider your options.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:07 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slider
Wow - That doesn't look very good!

I bought the MaxSpeed version - the billet steel adapters are integrated with the hose and do not come off. The fit is perfect. I don't think I would install those Torque Solutions hoses in my car... You might want to consider your options.
Thanks and Good to know they should fit perfect. I haven't heard of the maxspeed brand. I just figured since I bought them from a vendor here and Torque Solutions is fairly well known name for 996 stuff, fitment would be good. I think I'm going to return these...not much I can do with them, it's one thing to cut one down a bit, but I can't stretch the other hose, lol

Old 02-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Here is a picture of what the better hoses look like. MaxSpeed is just one of the brands, but many look just like this...

... and OEM just for comparison...

Old 02-24-2019, 06:10 PM
eds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of light
fit and finish is always the unknown....wow sorry to here..I hate working on my car then the stuff we buy does not fit. Perhaps call the vendor and ask for other hose options

Slider I noticed the red hoses. Curious you are using maxspped intercoolers ?

Old 02-25-2019, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by eds996tt
...Slider I noticed the red hoses. Curious you are using maxspped intercoolers ?
I'm still using the stock intercoolers.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
Have sold dozens of these with no fitment issues at all.. PM me and ill see what i can do to help you figure out whats going on.. The silicone mold cant change so with so many sold and no fitment issues something strange is up here.. The missing billet pieces is an oversight in packaging for sure.. Shoot me a PM and ill have someone look into it tomorrow.. Thanks!!
Thanks and very Interesting...I guess I'm just that unlucky lol. Either way I cant install these in their current state . I have PM'd you.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:30 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Porsche released an updated set of OEM boost hoses, I believe there were changes to the ends, and they also improved the metal clips. Why not just run OEM?

Updated OEM Boost Hoses

996-110-644-75 Pressure Hose
996-110-645-73 Pressure Hose
996-110-631-74 Pressure Hose
996-110-630-75 Pressure Hose
997-106-802-05 Clamp (Qty 2)

Should be in the $325 range delivered.

Last edited by JSBear; 02-25-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Yes, they are much better now... But they don't have the cool colours!

Old 02-25-2019, 05:05 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Here in SoCal, you don't want to give the SMOG inspector any reason to dig deeper into the engine bay, or crawl under the car. I will stick with the OEM look

Old 02-25-2019, 07:23 PM
eds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of light
silly question but Slider why are you still using stock intercoolers ? me as well but have the trigger ready but depends if i do the install or job it out..... I just did the spoiler oem complete install so waiting for warm weather before i pull the bumper or maybe i can find some pals to help me.....? intercooler beer party

Old 02-26-2019, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty happy with my power with just a tune and exhaust. I'm not doing that much track time. My 996TT is my DD - I love it (230K km).

Intercoolers aren't a big deal to remove/replace. I'm sure you could do them in an hour or so. The bumper comes off pretty quickly and then, they are right there - warm weather is a good plan though.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:10 AM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Slider
Yes, they are much better now... But they don't have the cool colours!
What makes the updated OEM better? I will admit the red aftermarket looks pretty neat, but do they perform any better?
(I feel like I am hijacking this thread!)

Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by gadangit
What makes the updated OEM better? I will admit the red aftermarket looks pretty neat, but do they perform any better?
(I feel like I am hijacking this thread!)
Yes - Definitely a thread hijack - sorry OP.

The updated OEM hoses no longer include the tabs that easily collapse if the hose is accidentally turned inside the socket. The tabs are now solid instead of being hollow. So, you don't have to keep prying them back up every time you remove the hoses. I think that's the main and most important change.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:15 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
Have sold dozens of these with no fitment issues at all.. PM me and ill see what i can do to help you figure out whats going on.. The silicone mold cant change so with so many sold and no fitment issues something strange is up here.. The missing billet pieces is an oversight in packaging for sure.. Shoot me a PM and ill have someone look into it tomorrow.. Thanks!!
Just checked my TS hoses and I am missing two adapters as well. Sending PM. I have not tried to install them yet so not sure about fitment. My engine is on the stand right now.

Last edited by brnrdtns; 02-26-2019 at 12:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Torque Solution Intercooler Boost Hose Set issues